When I fly I encounter several flying houses. Do their owners pay tiers to Linden?

hallebarde

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3134 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

As I said, when flying I meet lots of houses flying in the air them too.  Empty also, as per lots of houses down on Linden earth.  I understand that there is no way whatsoever to buy land and a house paying once and for all and one must pay tiers although he bought his house, even if it is in the way of yearly renewals of his premium account.

But I wonder, what about those flying houses?  Do they pay tiers too?

3 answers to this question

hallebarde wrote:

As I said, when flying I meet lots of houses flying in the air them too.  Empty also, as per lots of houses down on Linden earth.  I understand that there is no way whatsoever to buy land and a house paying once and for all and one must pay tiers although he bought his house, even if it is in the way of yearly renewals of his premium account.

But I wonder, what about those flying houses?  Do they pay tiers too?

Yes - actually they're stationary houses that just happen to be built in the "air." (SL gravity is optional.) Technically they're part of the contents of a regular parcel that needs tier paid on it.

• Like 2

They most certainly do!

When you buy a parcel of land, you own the sky above it too, just as in Real Life.  Your rights go, theoretically, all the way up to infinity, but the build limit is 4096m.

Lots of people like skyboxes.  Above 1000m, the ground is no longer rendered, and therefore there tends to be a lot less lag when you live up high.  Plus, they may provide a little more privacy.

The only problem is for us aviators.  Much more than in Real Life, Second Life clouds tend to have rocks...or houses...in them.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3134 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.