Sign in to follow this  
PatrickJ Jameson

How do I create strips of beach sand ?

Hi. I am a novice creator.

I want to have strips of sand at the waters edge of my grassy island with a realistic transformation from grass to sand to water. I've been shopping for months and attempted some disappointing builds on my own. I see this type of landscaping often in world. Can anyone help with  either A. a shop where I can purchase it. or B. tips on creating  my own.

Hi Patrick, I have done that before using a prim and the  default sand textures available in your library . I used a couple of differant prim shapes and then  using mostly the "strtch" option in edit I  blended the prim into the landscape. After you do the prim manipulation you can "touch upp" using the land terraform tool  to  make it look smoother , but use that very carefully as it may make more work  for you in the end. Always use low power when  doing small adjustments in terraforming! Good luck !:manwink:

• Like 1

My best results have come from using a megaprim that's 20m long, 3m tall and 6m wide.  I turn the mega into a cylinder and apply a sandy beach texture (one is in your library -- they can be purchased many places as well) to it.  I then rotate it into place so that one end goes under the water and a good couple of feet are exposed above water.  Then edit the land around the prim so that the transition from beach to grass isn't a straight line.  And use rocks to hide the ends of the prim.  Tada, a lovely beach. 

Further realism can be created by using scripted waves.  And no, I don't have any to sell -- use search.

• Like 1