VMM Problems - "No version folder"

OzwellWayfarer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been trying to use the VMM for the first time and have run into an issue. I cant see any threads about it but I was wondering if anyone else has encoundered the same and/or has a workaround.

I am trying to send a folder with 4 subfolders. I have checked the perms and contents. All present and correct. I copy the folder to VMM, it goes to "unassociated", all contents still showing as present.

Then I right click, create listing.

Head over to my "manage listings" page. But instead of an entry showing with the name of the product, I have a red line with the words "No version folder" written where the listing name should be. 

I cant delete these red lines and now when my store is sorted by relevance, one listing space shows as blank empty space. Which is rather anoying. 

Anyone have some pointers for me? Or is it support ticket time?

Thanks!

EDIT - Just some further info - I have tried this with both the LL viewer and Firestorm. So now I have two annoying red listings. lol

• Like 1

Check the folder structure has been created correctly, for a folder with sub folders it should look like;

Folder
        Sub Folder
                  Child 1
                  Child 2

If you dont have the right folder heirachy you can create it and force them into the right pace, but without the primary folder for the product it will read the child folders as individual versions and requires one of them to be set as the active version

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got round to trying this and found that if I strip out the sub-folders in my products I can indeed list them.

So thanks a bunch LL. Thanks for creating more work for creators, making the process more convoluted and forcing me to provide things to customers in a less structured and organised way. If it was any other company, you would be speechless at the the sheer levels of incompetence on show. You would think 11+ years would be enough to figure this basic stuff out.

Just another day at the Lab.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.