Can my next door girl avatar (standard, I believe?) wear mesh clothes?

hallebarde

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Yes.  One of my alts uses the Girl Next Door body as her basic shape and she has a few mesh dresses that work perfectly well (or as well as mesh ever does, anyway).  As Rhonda says, you just need to use (or make) the appropriate alpha mask layers to keep your av body from poking through the mesh.

OK, some basics.

Rigged mesh (most clothing is "rigged mesh" so that it will bend and move with you) can't be re-sized.  So you have to choose the size that's closest to a good fit.  Then you might also have to tweak your shape to make it fit better.  Even so, you will need to wear the alpha mask layer that comes with it, to keep parts of your body from poking through the mesh.

You may need to wear several alpha masks...one for your top, one for your pants, one for your shoes.  To do this, right click the alpha mask item and choose ADD, not Wear.  "Wear" replaces anything you have on a clothing layer with the new item for that layer.

None of the starter avatar shapes, including Girl Next Door, are really sized properly for most mesh clothing, and the mesh Library clothing is designed to work ONLY with the avatar for which it was made.

You will have better results if you get the free Standard Sizing shapes, pick one, and use it as a basis for customizing your own facial features.  Many designers make mesh clothing to fit the Standard Sizing shapes.

I am not sure what the problem is here beyond clothing is not working right. The answers others have given are good. But, I'll assume you have missed an important step.

You cannot change a Library Avatar/Outfit while it is in the Library. Copy the top folder for that avatar/outfit from the Library into a folder in your inventory. Then you can make changes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.