How long does it take for a moderator to approve uploaded images?

Snickers Snook

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Just wondering. I want to change my Profile avatar.

UPDATE: Since I can't respond to the answers (who designed this idiot format anyway), I have to edit the question.

Th?is is what I see when I got to try to change my avatar photo for the "Community" side of SL. 

"These are your approved images. If you don't see any images, it means that you don't yet have any images that have been approved. If necessary, go to your My Images page (the link is on your profile page) and upload a new image. After you upload an image, you must wait until it has been approved by a moderator before you can use it as your avatar."

So I uploaded two new images two days ago. Neither has appeared in the list of "approved" images. With all due respect Lindal & Rolig, it appears there is an approval process avatar images must go through but maybe Linden Lab has abandoned doing so?

2 answers to this question

I doubt that the moderators have that in their job description.  Can you imagine how many hundreds of images get uploaded here each month? (Actually, I can't either, but it must be a large number.)  Unless you post an image that is offensive, I suspect that the moderators don't bat an eye.

Those uploads are not moderated.  Just update your picture.  It should appear immediately, but if it does not, try relogging.

OH...your FORUM profile picture, not your in-world Profile picture.  Well, I have never seen that message before, Snick.  I'll try to upload a new picture and see what happens.

EDIT:

OK.  It's confusing!  You click the link where it says "go to your My Images page..."  That takes you to a page where all the images you've uploaded resides.  The new pictures you uploaded should be there.  When you click one, you should see a pulldown for "Image Options."  One of them is "Use as Avatar."  Select that.  It should say, "congratulations, you have a new avatar."

FURTHER EDIT:

Now that I've solved Snickers' problem, I have one of my own.  I can't figure out how to change the BACKGROUND picture in my Forum card.  I go to the "Social Connect" tab, and it says I can use one of my uploaded images or one of the four icky themes...but I don't see a way to use an uploaded image!  Didn't there used to be a link there for that?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.