Sign in to follow this  
valerie Inshan

Friday thread: post your formal outfits!

lol, Marianne, yes we do have the same taste! I love your dress! Mine comes from Marianela Art in Fashion. I bought it more than one year ago and still love it! :smileyhappy:

Aaah!!! Thank you for posting Ian! You look very handsome and your tuxedo is just perfect class. May I ask where you found it?

Your photo is a great composition: I love the way the Guernica painting matches your outfit. So elegant.

(PS: I can see you still live in my house, lol!)

Ian Undercroft wrote:

Men's formal seems so dull compared to the wonderful women's gowns.

I'm sure you'd look funny Fabulous in a gown too!  But where's your rags from? They look nice.

Loren Twine wrote:

Ian Undercroft wrote:

Men's formal seems so dull compared to the wonderful women's gowns.

I'm sure you'd look
funny
Fabulous in a gown too!  But where's your rags from? They look nice.

Hope that Ian are back to reply. But it looks like a Rebel Hope tux. I have the female version. I love it when guys wear prim sleeves and other details, instead of the painted on freebie tuxedos. Guys who dress up are a rare gem in SL indeed.

3635763509_c0a92225ec_o.jpg

Marianne Little wrote:

Hope that Ian are back to reply. But it looks like a Rebel Hope tux. I have the female version. I love it when guys wear prim sleeves and other details, instead of the painted on freebie tuxedos. Guys who dress up are a rare gem in SL indeed.

This female tux looks fantastic on you! So feminine! (BTW, where did you get this fantastic updo hair?!!!).

As for guys dressing up, I agree, they are too rare. I fight with my partner everyday to get him proper clothes! :smileyvery-happy:

Thank you for the comments about my suit. The tails are from SF Designs. 

I love some of the men's formal suits that are available. Probably my favourite formal suit is from Gabriel.

And to the comment about me wearing a gown - the last time I did that it became rather obvious that my avatar was in desparate need of a wax. My eyes watered at the very thought.

Ian Undercroft wrote:

And to the comment about me wearing a gown - the last time I did that it became rather obvious that my avatar was in desparate need of a wax. My eyes watered at the very thought.

/me laughs

Ian Undercroft wrote:

Thank you for the comments about my suit. The tails are from SF Designs. 

I love some of the men's formal suits that are available. Probably my favourite formal suit is from Gabriel.

Thank you Ian. :smileyhappy:

And for any women out there wishing to dress their man, I'd recommend visiting Mimi's Choice (for men), which is regularly updated with new stuff from many of the leading men's clothing creators. 

A special 'Thanks' to all the GD forum posters for the years of lolz, wrinkled brows and concerns, I have been regularly reading many of your posts for years, ...and this is one of my first posts !  Your an intelligent colourful nutty bunch for sure.

1940's Charcoal Pinstripe w two tone Oxfords. (loc Zindra - Mar 18 2011)

PJ_Mar19_Pinstrip5.jpg

Plural Joans wrote:

A special 'Thanks' to
all
the GD forum posters for the years of lolz, wrinkled brows and concerns, I have been regularly reading many of your posts for years, ...and this is one of my first posts !  Your an intelligent colourful nutty bunch for sure.

1940's Charcoal Pinstripe w two tone Oxfords. (loc Zindra - Mar 18 2011)

PJ_Mar19_Pinstrip5.jpg

Welcome Plural! I'm glad you make one of your first posts is in this thread! Great outfit and beautiful picture, bravo!

(Does the dog bite?):smileyvery-happy:

Oh what gorgeous pics, dresses, tuxes and avis! :)

This is from a while ago - it's a dress from Simone, which I love since it has many variations for the bodice and skirt. :)

Maureen at Jan 2009 Art opening.jpg

Maureen, you look so lovely in green! It is indeed a beautiful dress, the subtle colours are gorgeous. A perfect match with your skin tone and your hair. I just love it, thank you!

love0072.gif

The worst problem with wearing formal is all at black just looses definition. 

I have a very nice tux but I seldom stay in it long.  Once the wedding is over, I get comfortable :smileyhappy:

110318_002.jpg

Rhonda! I was waiting for you! :smileyvery-happy:

You're so adorable on this photo! lol, I love this "when the party's over" look! Thanks for posting!

valerie Inshan wrote:

Rhonda! I was waiting for you! :smileyvery-happy:

Oooo.  I haz a stalkR :smileytongue:

And thank you.  A year or so ago I was asked to give away the bride for a RL friend.    While shopping for a tux I bought a very nice one from edo, but in my search I ran across this and just had to have it :)

I don't dress up often, but every once in a while a certain someone prevails on me ...

dressup1.jpg

Also living in New Toulouse sometimes requires looking the part:

dressup2.jpg

:D