Home page in the community

Luc Starsider

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

In the community, under My Settings->Preferences, there is a section for Home page where we can specify a few things, including recent topics and posts, how many bookmarks, friends, subscriptions we want to see on this page.

I found no information regarding this in the community help, but it seems like it would be a useful feature. So where is this home page? How do I get to it? How does it work?

- Luc -

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

I agree... if you post about it in community feedback pm me and I'll back you up....

I also find it annoying that the software continually logs you out, and when you log back in it ignores the page redirect and dumps you on the blogs ever frakking time =(

Posted the request here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Community-Feedback/Could-either-Home-pages-be-enabled-or-the-Home-page-setting-in/m-p/757895

I totally agree about being taken to the front page when logging in issue. I sometimes have problems finding back to the post I want to add a comment when I have logged in.

- Luc -

Slightly confused by this post and the replies as that feature seems to work for me.

Your homepage is the page that you get to when you click on your name (the one with all your stats etc on it) and that preference changes what is displayed on that page.

I just edited mine 2 only show 2 friends and when I checked my homepage that had worked.

If it is only working for certain ranks, that should be fixed but it is not disabled.

I'm not sure it is the same thing.

When you click your name, you are taken to your profile. Your profile page conatins all the stats you point out, pluss your uploaded images, posts and replies you have made. But you should, according to the Home page setting in prefs, be able to specify all of these:

Number of bookmarks to display, Number of friends to display, Number of private messages to display, Number of subscriptions to display, Show the location for subscriptions and bookmarks, Show the latest post for subscriptions and bookmarks, Show the latest topics, Show the latest posts, Show both read and unread private messages, Show both online and offline friends,

Many of them are flags saying whether you want the particular section on your home page at all. As far as I've seen, my profile page does not change based on these settings.

It could be that I misunderstand...

- Luc -

Ahh I see what you are saying now, yeah I can`t see what those check boxes effect either, I was just messing with the numbers at the top.

I unchecked all the boxes and looked around to see if any pages look any different and I can`t see anything changed LOL

Does he other part work for you too? If you change the number of friends to view does it affect your profile page?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.