I'm so confused, and pretty upset, any constructive advice would be appreciated

Gilais

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I doubt that you have been locked out of your account because of spamming.  If you followed the procedure for reporting that someone may have tampered with the account, Linden Lab will automatically lock the account while they investigate.  (See https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Password-and-account-information/ta-p/700017#Section_.5 )  You should expect to be unable to log in for a few days -- maybe a week or more -- until they track down the bozo who messed with you.

It is worrisome that your friend saw your av on the region.  I suppose it's possible that Linden Lab brought your av in world long enough to test something, but I can't imagine what that would be.  I suggest submitting a followup to your support case to report your concern.  Just go to the Support Case page again, find your open case in the Case History, and add to it.  And then stop worrying.  Once Linden Lab has locked the account and started investigating, nobody else can get into it.  They can;t do any more damage than has already been done -- and they may be able to reverse that damage.

• Like 4

1 answer to this question

I doubt that you have been locked out of your account because of spamming.  If you followed the procedure for reporting that someone may have tampered with the account, Linden Lab will automatically lock the account while they investigate.  (See https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Password-and-account-information/ta-p/700017#Section_.5 )  You should expect to be unable to log in for a few days -- maybe a week or more -- until they track down the bozo who messed with you.

It is worrisome that your friend saw your av on the region.  I suppose it's possible that Linden Lab brought your av in world long enough to test something, but I can't imagine what that would be.  I suggest submitting a followup to your support case to report your concern.  Just go to the Support Case page again, find your open case in the Case History, and add to it.  And then stop worrying.  Once Linden Lab has locked the account and started investigating, nobody else can get into it.  They can;t do any more damage than has already been done -- and they may be able to reverse that damage.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.