Where can I get updates on recent database issues?

ChuChuLaverne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

After last night's multiple crashes, cleared cache, and relogs, I am missing multiple items from my inventory.  Most of the items are "no copy"; searching my inventory I can find the folders, notecards, info but not the objects themselves.  Not in trash, nor in Lost and Found.

Someone else told me that SL was having serious issues last night (explains the orange cloud effect), and other friends have lost items as well.  Is there a place where we can get updates about this issue?

Thanks,

ChuChuLaverne

1 answer to this question

No.  The Grid Status blog reports when there are grid-wide actions being taken by Linden Lab, but we never see any details of what they were working on.  When you see a notice that there is "unscheduled maintenance", all you know is that there is a problem somewhere in the server network that is affecting more than a handful of regions or accounts.

If you are missing items from your inventory, they may reappear within a day or so.  If they do not and if you are a Premium member, submit a support case or contact Live Chat.  Please note that during any maintenance perioods, Linden Lab always advises residents to "please refrain from rezzing no-copy objects and making L$ transactions during this maintenance."  Objects rezzed during a maintenance period may be misplaced or lost by the asset servers.

Oh, the "orange cloud effect" is nothing more than your Firestorm viewer in bake fail mode.  That generally means that you have not logged in fully.  See http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail for an overview of the steps you can take to recover.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.