Age Verification, wherefore art thou, Age Verification?

LibertinaValkyria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2051 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, here's the deal.

I've got my billing info on file, put my correct age in when I signed up, even bought L numerous times from this site. My viewer (Alchemy) is even set to allow General+Mature+Adult content.

But, when I enter some zones it tells me I need to be Age Verified. Even have a script telling me I was kicked off some land due to lacking it.

Google-fu lead me to a page teling me about content rules on SL. There's nothing in my account settings about this.

How do I attain this exalted status? I'm at my wit's end.

First of all: You are as verified as someone can get today.

There is no special process. Your age is determined by the birthdate you provided when you created your account. And the system obviously recognizes you as above 18, because if that wouldn't be the case, you wouldn't be able to change your preferences and therefore you wouldn't be able to even see places rated M/A in the search. So a teleport wouldn't even happen.

But all of that is obviously working fine. And you already gave yourself the answer to whats happening: You teleport to the sim, because the system allows you so and then a mechanism set up by the sim owner kicks you off. Now this has nothing to do with the real life you, but more with your account or avatar. Some sim owners try to protect their place from griefers by automaticaly ejecting every account below a certain age of days (usually 7, sometimes up to 30).

However, I see the account you are posting with is from June, so you shouldn't be affected by that. Now, I see you have some sort of furry avatar as your profile picture and this sparks another idea. Some other sim owners try to protect their adult hangouts from child avatars and install (in a desperate attempt) a script that messures avatar height. This is of course a screwed way of dealing with the problem, but it might be whats happening to you, since some furries like to be really small in size, from my experiance.

Funny how a script would boot out a 6+ft (according to Appearance-edit and avatar ruler items) avi then. Unlike the majority, I don't use kemono avatars (which in my opinion look too childlike for my approval), instead seeking the parts and measurements to be a tall woman having been inspired more by Jessica Rabbit, instead of Roger.

The account-age restrictions to prevent griefer attendance seems to fit what I'm encountering, so that explains it the best.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2051 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.