Unable to create group after previous group was deleted

Ocean Blackthorne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello!

I hope to seek advice regrading group creation after a group was deleted.

I used to own a group but it was deleted due to having less than 2 members.

I tried to create the group again but I get the message: "Unable to create group. A group with that name already exists."

I did a search and saw no group with the name that I was creating for. Also, the group was just deleted and within a day or two, I'm trying to create again and I am quite certain the name wasn't taken up in these one or two days that it is available.

I'm seeking advice if it is possible to create a group of the same name as a deleted group or would Linden block that name forever. Or it would take some time for the name of the deleted group to be available for use again.

Thank you for the advice in advance!

2 answers to this question

Sorry.  Once a group name has been created, it cannot be used a second time.  Group names are treated like avatar names.  They are unique, so that there can never be any confusion in the accounting and permissions system about who created, owned, sold, bought, or managed assets in Second Life.  Traces of an individual or a group's activity can remain long after they have left SL.  In much the same way that the U.S. government's policy of never reusing a Social Security number protects every individual's uniqueness, Linden Lab's policy assures that there can never be any ambiguity about identity and ownership in SL.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.