Meshed cloths - someone can help me ?

JJack Montreal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok

First of all 3 days ago i known nothing about mesh. Since then i follow crash course after crash course to create meshed stuff.  I followed the excellent Haven Ditko tutorials on youtube about blender.

For now my problem is, i made a t-shirt, i think i well textured it, it looks good. But when i uploaded it to sl, when i wear it, it is rigid as a block and dont seem to follow my avatar move.

With some research i seem it miss the armature stuff and others details.

So i need help to find a good tutorial or someone to explain me how to make mesh as clothes wearabble by an avatar.

And as option, if you can explain me what are all those parameter when i upload meshes.

Thank you in advance

First of all, hello fellow Canadian :)  I'm still learning too but I can tell you that the reason that your clothing is rigid on your body is because it's not rigged and weighted.  If you're using Blender then I would encourage you to look into the Avastar add-on for Blender that makes the rigging and weighting easier.  This is the website:

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/

I know this isn't much more of a point in the right direction but I hope it helps!

We try to describe the full process of making an attachment here:

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/avastar/reference/create-an-attachment/

However this document has become a bit long and probably it also has become a bit too complex over the time. However i always invite users to talk to us. Any feedback (especially from users who have dificulties with the documents!) is very much appreciated so we can learn where we need to change the documentation for better understanding.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.