Script errors

kwajkid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I received a script to animate my avi from a friend, I was to wear it, but instead I dropped the box on my land, it is a fireworks script.  now I have permanent fireworks on the land and whenever I tp from my land to anywhere else, I get script errors for it.  I have tired everything I can think of to delete the fireworks, any suggestions?

3 answers to this question

Well if you've tired everything what makes you think we can help?

Have you tried viewing invisible objects (ctrl+alt+t) to try and find the object?

Have you tried examining Script Info? About Land > Script Info

Either of these methods will help you to find the emitting object, and take or delete will remove it from the world.

• Like 1

Well not sure what everything means, but for me it can mean everything I know how to do.  Since I don't know what you know how to do I will suggest some of the ways I like to look for things.  If you already did them no worries!

Well I am not a huge fan of the offcial viewer and only use it for testing, but as for Singularity and Firestrorm they have features called Area Search.  In Firestrorm it is located under the World menu ( I believe same place in Singularity).  What this will do is let you look for things in different ways such as name or owner.  Once you locate the object it will let you return or put a beacon on it.

Another helpful way of looking for things is to use the CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + 5 and CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + 7 to toggle land / water off and on.  With the land and water invisible and out of the way it is easier to see buried stuff.

Finally if you are an Estate Manger you can use the Region Tools to look for scripts.  After you get the next error message make a note of the script name.  Now if you are the Estate Manager go to region tools debug go to top scripts and then enter object name and click filter.  Now click show beacon.  If you are no the Estate Manger just buy him/her a beer and then ask them to try and find it for you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.