Can L$ be exchanged for Non-SL related virtual pet site pets and currencies?

Tyr Fluffy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey all,  I'm hoping someone can answer this for me, and provide me with a link for "proof" where it says its ok or not ok.  I know that L$ cannot be exchanged for real world money except by approved locations and companies, but what is the policy for exchanging Lindens for other non-related offsite currencies and virtual pets (and vice versa)?

Specifically looking at the pet sites that allow offsite trading for their pets and game currencies such as Aywas, Chickensmoothie, Wajas, Flight Rising, Etc. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

2 answers to this question

What you are needing is in sections 4.6 and 4.7 of the terms of service.

http://www.lindenlab.com/tos#tos4

1. These sections say Linden Dollars are not money; they are tokens representing in world services.

2, Using Linden Dollars to barter for out of world goods or services will get your account banned.
"You acknowledge that the LindeX exchange has been created to enable users of our products to enhance their experience using the Service with the ability to transfer license rights to other users of the Service, and that the terminology used is solely for the purpose of enabling this use of the Service.."

3. The only way to purchase or divest of Linden Dollars is through the LindeX.  Doing otherwise will get your account banned.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.