Lara by Maitreya?

Winter Mistwalker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I need some serious help. I bought this from Maitreya yesterday and I have tried everything to make it work and look right. I am wearing Unique Megastore skin and I went as far and bought a skin at WOW and nothing seems to be working, I am blotched looking and I cannot seem to no matter what clothes I wear and shoes I am out of it all. What else should I purchase to make my Avatar look decent? I am currently on Firestorm, could that be an issue also?

Winter Mistwalker wrote:

Yes everything was fine before and someone in world helped me with this issue but the other issue I am having is my skin is showing through my clothes when I move?

Have you used the inbuild alpha-feature of the hud, that came with the body? Normal alpha layers do not affect mesh bodies, so the hud is your only option. If a piece of mesh clothing still doesn't fit after playing around with the hud, you are out of luck.

And this is why we try demos. 

Not all mesh clothing works with all mesh bodies. One of many things you should check when you purchase a mesh body is the alpha HUD that comes with it. You should always, always, always look at the cuts in the alpha HUD to see how versatile they are. The more cuts there are and the smaller they are, the more clothing you'll be able to wear. 

Use the alpha HUD to try hiding the sections of the body that poke through your clothes. With clothing you already own, some may work, and some may not. When purchasing new clothing, try it with the body and alpha HUD to make sure everything works well together; or purchase clothing made specifically for Maitreya Lara.

I have tried on the Demo's before purchasing and all was fine but I did not try on with every stitch of clothing I have or have bought for this Avi. Even clothes that say for Maitreya don't work and even when I use the skin and all from Maitreya like it states in the note card. I have edited my shape until I am so skinny I don't exsist to make the clothes fit, yes I have toggled in the mesh hud that came with the Lara. IDK

You have not activate any alpha cuts in that body even if you think you have OR you do not wear the full body alpha that hides the default body from the neck and down. The flesh poking through can be your default legs. Try to follow this tutorial step by step.

http://meshbodyaddicts.com/mesh-body-tutorials/848-2/

The HUDs have changed appearance but the steps with hiding the body first is the same.

To see if you have alpha cuts activated, try to toggle them on and off when you are naked. You should see parts of the body disappear and come back when you use the alpha HUD.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.