I believe I have had an intruder. What do I do with regards reporting it?

melaniehaughton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Earlier today I logged in and when completely rezzed in my SL home I heard the sound of a child laughing.  I investigated and eventually found 3 spurious names on Sound Editor.   I  checked around my property and eventually found something odd placed under my house "floorboards"  I made a note of the suspected intruder and the present SL group he is registered with and immediately blacklisted the individual. I have also significantly increased my security - including doors and windows.

I feel I ought to report this person to LInden Labs or somebody.  But how?

Since I returned the offensive object to its evil owner the childs laughing has ceased.

Doors and windows mean nothing in SL, other than a hint at what you consider to be outside and inside. To prevent unwelcome objects appearing on your land, you have to set the appropriate land settings. In particular, build, auto-return and possibly object-entry. Right-click the ground (not the floor of the building, the actual ground) and select "About Land". The options you need are under "Options" and "Objects".

If for some reason you don't have access to these options (you rent or share a place with the actual landowner) you'll have to ask your landlord or whoever is responsible. There's no point in reporting this to Linden Lab, however.

DejaHo wrote:

Dresden wrote:

I suggest you immediately contact a VR medium in hopes that they
can exercise any bad spirits which may have infested your virtual property.

...Dres

Won't exercise just make them bigger and stronger? 

Or slim it down.  No one likes an overweight ghost.

...Dres  (As many times as I've watched Linda Blair's head spin around, you'd think I would know how to correctly spell exorcise.)

melaniehaughton wrote:

Earlier today I logged in and when completely rezzed in my SL home I heard the sound of a child laughing.  I investigated and eventually found 3 spurious names on Sound Editor.   I  checked around my property and eventually found something odd placed under my house "floorboards"  I made a note of the suspected intruder and the present SL group he is registered with and immediately blacklisted the individual. I have also significantly increased my security - including doors and windows.

I feel I ought to report this person to LInden Labs or somebody.  But how?

Since I returned the offensive object to its evil owner the childs laughing has ceased.

Did you really want to report a person to LL because s/he has rezzed an object on your parcel?

I am sorry to say, but no wonder if Support sometimes is a bit slow to respond to really severe problems in SL, if they also have to deal with such small cases, which could have been solved by yourself, if you have taken the time to learn how to manage your home/land/parcel....

Unless you're the owner/renter, you really don't have the "right" to rez stuff.

Here's what you do for your security for rezzing that works even better. If you have land rights, set the land to your group, you don't have to deed it. Then go to the Objects tab and set auto return to 1 minute. Next go to the Objects tab and set to that build and object entry are group only. That will take care of anyone wanting to rez on your land or trying to rez on a parcel next to your land and push it in. Good safeguards to have set anyway to deter griefers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.