HUD that when clicked clicks object that is attached to Avi.

ryanradkey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello ! 

Im not even sure this is possible. So Im looking for some insight. Im looking to make a simple HUD that when clicked will click an object that is attached to my Avi. The problem is I have is an object attached to my avi that moves around so Im looking to make a hud that I can fix and click easier then trying to click the object that is constantly moving around on my avi.

Thanks in advance for the help!

No, that's not possible as the problem is currently stated. For all sorts of reasons, security not least among them, it's not possible to "spoof" an event, and especially not from another script in a different object.

If, however, you can modify the touch-handling script in the object "that moves around", then you can make it respond to a different event that you specify, easily.

So... it's either trivially simple, or impossible, depending on whether you have modify permission on that script.

[ETA: Well, two other possibilities. If the script doesn't have modify perms but the object does, then you might be able to link some absurdly huge child prim to it and thus make it easier to click. Or if the script and the object are no-mod but --unlikely -- there's some documented messaging interface to the script besides touching, then it may be easy again.]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.