hi everyone

Amethyst Damour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1919 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i need some help with the maitreya Developers kit and a problem i am having with  it.

basically i'm doing a hand tattoo on the glove layer,ive followed the intructions on the dev kits note cards etc,the problem i'm having is this:-

on the texture loading note it says the following,This is a BODY OVERLAY texture loader for Maitreya.
Fill in a texture key where needed and leave the unused areas blank. No quotes. Do not remove any lines.

so i uploaded the texture for the glove,left the rest on the teexture lines blank as stated but when i insert the note card into the hud it come up the following message,       mait applier hud: Notecard rejected. No textures detected when it was inspected. It was not what we expected.

i cant work out what i'm doing if i use the defualt note card it the kits with the alpha layer section left in the approiate texture line on the note it works but then shows them texture when adding them ohn the avi the hud?

hope this make sense and any help would be great

thank you 

Amethyst Damour

What are you doing with the texture and the nc ?

Normally, you just have to copy the UUID of the pic (when you open the texture, that one is at the top and you have a button for copy it easily) then you paste on the nc at the right line. (i dont rem exactly how is the line called, bec im not inworld, but it should be easy to fig out.

then you save your nc and drag into your prim with the script.

Is that what you are doing ?

Amethyst Damour wrote:

i need some help with the maitreya Developers kit and a problem i am having with  it.

basically i'm doing a hand tattoo on the glove layer,ive followed the intructions on the dev kits note cards etc,the problem i'm having is this:-

on the texture loading note it says the following,This is a BODY OVERLAY texture loader for Maitreya.

Fill in a texture key where needed and leave the unused areas blank. No quotes. Do not remove any lines.

so i uploaded the texture for the glove,left the rest on the teexture lines blank as stated but when i insert the note card into the hud it come up the following message,       mait applier hud: Notecard rejected. No textures detected when it was inspected. It was not what we expected.

i cant work out what i'm doing if i use the defualt note card it the kits with the alpha layer section left in the approiate texture line on the note it works but then shows them texture when adding them ohn the avi the hud?

hope this make sense and any help would be great

thank you 

Amethyst Damour

You are doing everything right Amethyst;  I recently tried to make a Trebble Cleff Hand tattoo;  and as soon as I loaded the note card into the prim with the script I got this in local chat: rejected. No textures detected when it was inspected. It was not what we expected.

I have made tattoos before on other parts of the body with no problem at all,  as long as the tattoo layer was applied before any other layers i.e. pants, shirts, etc.  

The only conclusion I could come up with is that perhaps the image is too small for the script to detect anything being there.  Or there is an actual error in the script for the hand layer.  I am inclined to think there is an error in the scripting ..  as I also made a pair of charcoal gloves and got the same error and those are not particularly small textures..  I think this is an issue to be forwarded to the creator of the Maitreya kit maker.

yeah i totally agree with you the only way i can it work is if use the default notecard which has the alpha layesr texture image for the body on it top and bottom textures on nc then add glove but then you have to remove the clothing textures showing the alpha to get the glove to show which doest look good if you want sell things :(((

will contact owner thanks for the reply

try adding the same UUID in the UPPER= texture as well as in the GLOVES= texture. When the applier is clicked the gloves layer is automatically applied, however the applier still is looking for another texture so it can give you the pop-up requesting a layer to select. If there is no texture detected for the pop-up menu to work then according to the script its a failure.

It isn't the applier that isn't working it is the script not accepting a glove texture that is preventing the applier from being made in the first place.  The hands and feet are totally seperate parts from the body, and technically are not a part of the upper body that is probably why the creator put them on the note card seperately, so I can't see why putting the UUID in the upper body would help in making the applier?

I've made gloves & outfits for maitreya that use the glove layer, all be it they also use upper and/or lower textures too and they work.

However, to test the theory i rezzed up a working applier and removed the texture from upper body, so it only had the glove texture, and the script rejected the notecard.

The Reason is as i explained before. Gloves and feet are added automatically, without the need for selecting a layer from the pop-up menu when using the applier. But it needs a texture in Upper or Lower. Without it the script rejects the notecard as it cannot configure the menu to pop-up and ask the user what layer they want to apply because technically there isnt a texture there for it to do so. 

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Thank you HunniHope, 

I was having the same issue, but your right when I added the texture to the lower and upper it was then accepted.  However i was working on a back tatoo which was upper, but like you said when i did upper and lower it worked. Thank you for you help!! Huggs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1919 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.