links for mesh bodies and heads please?

cammy Teardrop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello :)

I have spent ages searching the marketplace,,, can someone please give me a link to find a TMP or Maitreya body and a Lelutka Mesh Head.... from what i've read this head goes with the above bodies? and will my slink hands and feet work with the above,,,, i have very little time on line and this is taking me ages... look forward to hearing from someone,,, thank you :)

I've heard from others that the Lelutka head doesn't work well with the TMP body. It can be done, perhaps, but TMP tends to make things that work with TMP, and not much else. 

Slink hands and feet work with Maitreya, but NOT with TMP, which comes with its own hands and feet. Again, TMP works with TMP and not much else. Shoes for Slink with not work with TMP feet. 

None of the three things you're asking about are available on Marketplace; you have to go inworld. TRY DEMOS. Seriously. You may find that you hate that head, and those bodies, and want something else. You've already been given a fantastic resource, and it really is worth perusing and then shopping around for the right fit for you. 

The three Big Names in bodies right now are Slink, Maitreya, and Belleza. All three work with Slink hands and feet. I don't use a mesh head myself, so I can't tell you much either way about that. TMP is gorgeous, but the system is so complicated I don't know many people who still use it, myself included. Don't limit yourself to those three, though; they're hardly the only ones out there!

Just a warning: I love the look of mesh bodies and heads. But they are timeconsuming. You say you don't have much time online? I don't either. I spend my time in SL mostly for shopping and dressing my avatars. While the old classic avatars had flaws, it was just to click on items in the inventory and wear them.

After we got tattoo layers and could add multiple layers, it became even easier. Add eyeliner, add, lipstick, add hairbase and so on.

Now it is first to find skins and makeups that work with the mesh head i bought, then wear the applier, click it, take it off, repeat with next, and so on. 

All the things I buy have to be demoed to be sure they fit with the alpha cuts in the mesh body. Well, not all... I trust that the clothes made by Maitreya for Maitreya will fit, and then maybe two designers more that I bought so much from and whose talent I trust.

All these small steps add up and steal SL time. I still wear the mesh body and heads because they look too good to take off. It is like, after I went mesh I can't go back. 

My advice would be to go for Maitreya, Belleza or Slink body as already mentioned. TMP has insisted on doing things their way, and alienated themself from the rest of brands and designers. Let the mesh head wait until the new body feels easy to use. There are also new mesh heads developing so fast. Lelutka is the big brand now, but LOGOs Alex is gaining, and Genesis lab really impress me with what they make. https://www.flickr.com/groups/genesislab/pool/sl-kalina/

If you are looking to go full mesh from top to toe one advisor would be to look through the compatibility list for Omega. Its a fairly widely used universal applier system that works on most, but not all, mesh bodies/parts. If you are going to be wearing 2 or 3 different brands of mesh parts it can help to have one applier that will work on all 3, especially for skins, trying to find a specific something that has both or all 3 of the appliers that you need can be a difficult task as not everyone can make everything. 

DEMO is also the big word here, try try and try again, as many bodies as you can, look at the huds, the alpha cuts, try on some mesh clothing with the mesh body. Is it easy to figure out? Will the alpha cuts be enough?. But dont expect to be able to test an applier on a demo part as almost all demo's wont allow for that. And play with shape sliders in the body demo's too, you might have a great shape on a standard avi, but it can make mesh look awkward. 

If you pop along to the Omega sim you can also pick up demos for a lot of the bodies on the market all in one place you can see more about omega and its compatibility here http://lovenlustdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/p/supported-meshes.html and a search for omega on the marketplace will show you just  how wide a shopping market you will have too :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.