Email subscriptions disappearing without any action on my part to make them disappear

Govindira Galatea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Suddenly, without any action on my part, several email subscriptions have disappeared from my list of subscriptions.  Is this an intended function?  If it is, how does it work and what are the criteria for exogenously--not of my doing--dropping a subscription from my subscription list?  If it's a fault, a defect of the Forum, can I fix it, or do I need to write a JIRA (and if so, what kind of JIRA?)?

Is there a limit on subscriptions?  What is it?

Is there a limit on bookmarks?  What is it?

This forum stuff should not be so full of strange defects/pitfalls, should it?  

Hmmmm...

Thank you. I can check my posts and then look at the remaining subscriptions, making an item for item comparison. If this is really a forum bug when threads are moved, it really makes Lithium an inferior sort of thing. At the moment, I only have 10-15 subscriptions (the uncertainly being I don't know what happened to some of them), but for a person a month or two down the road...

I hope she'll have the strength of will or is very tolerant.:womanwink:

A little history - On older versions of Lithium, threads and messages were numbered by board. Later, a second numbering scheme was exposed, this one identifies them globally across the system. Some features like this one have not yet been updated to use the new scheme, so they are not as useful as they could be. On the plus side, now that there are global identifiers, Lithium will be able to fix the problem. I hope they can get to that soon.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.