What is causing this message "unable to create item that is causing problems in this area"

SedonaOnidene

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This started yesterday; [it also showed in the script errors that my avatar was the source of the script errors]; and today I am still getting this message when I try to rez or attach any of my inventory items.  Today it is not showing the avatar,nor any item as the source of any scripting errors, but the message is still popping up. I have tried rebaking textures, all the Avatar Health items, reinstalled Firestorm, cleared caches- I am not sure what else to try.

Thank you.

Thank you for the response. This is a rented homestead and I went through all different types of objects in my inventory and nothing will rezz or attach to my avatar.  I will speak to the land owner then.

1 answer to this question

Hi Sedona,

That message usually occurs in areas where rezzing isn't allowed, but there have been reports of it popping up elsewhere. It's a simulator message, so other rez enabled regions should not send that message. If you are now getting this message from a region that was previously fine, it's probably time to contact the sim owner and have them ask for a sim restart.

When a region encounters a problematic object, it may put that thing on a blacklist. Future attempts to rez it are then met with that error message. There was an old (hopefully fixed) bug that had servers erroneously placing objects on that list if they were rezzed shortly after a sim restart.

If you do get the sim restarted, it's probably wise to wait a while before rezzing things there, just in case the bug is still lurking.

Good luck!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.