What is the Best Dancing Pose Ball?

TeddySnuggleBear Littlepaws

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello my name is Holly,

I am only 3 days old in SL and this is my first Forum posting.

The other night I was at this elegant ball room dance hall and this gentleman asks me to dance. We went out to the dance floor and he tosses the pose balls out. Once we activated the balls we began ball room dancing.

I have never experience such a sensual feeling. I had a romantic evening. I felt transported into a gratifying experience of my senses in the virtual world.

I want my own dance pose balls, so I can toss them out in any romantic setting. I want a variety of difference slow dances, and even hugging & kissing. I want to feel passion in my partner.

Since I am a beginner, I would require the dance balls to be easy to use. I am willing to pay for $L to experience a virtual romantic evening with my partner.

Passionate,

Holly

and her Teddy Bears

5 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life and to the forums.  There is no "best" dancing pose ball, any more than there is a "best" skin, "best" house, or "best" region to live in.  It's all a matter of personal taste.  This forum, Answers, is not the "best" place to ask about such things.  Our focus here is on helping residents understand how SL works or, more often, why it doesn't work as they expected.  If you want to get opinions that will help you figure out the "best" things in SL, you should ask in General Discussion or one of the other forums.

Having said that, there are many ways to activate dance animations.  Individual pose balls are one way, but by no means the most common.  If you visit clubs, you'll find that most of them use a dance machine of some kind -- a floating ball or a sign that you click to get a menu of dance choices.  There are many ways to create those, so you'll find pages and pages listed in Marketplace.  The "best" ones can be very expensive, and it can be even more expensive to load them up with dance animations.  Another option is the personal chimera ("chim") that you wear, carrying your own collection of dances wherever you go.  In one common form, a chim is a transparent attachment that you (or other people) can touch to get a dance machine menu.  It might also be a HUD that is only visible on your own screen.  And then, of course, you can just buy individual dance animations and activate them directly from your inventory without needing any pose ball, machine, or chim.  I did that for a couple of years when I started out in SL.

So, what's "best"?  You'll have to figure that one out for yourself.  Visit clubs, browse Marketplace, and experiment.

we can't really give advise for your question, there are several around and all have their cons and pros.

As you are a starter i would recommend you use the ones provided at the venues you visit.

Lot of places won't allow you to use your own couple system because it requires rezzing abilities. Some sytems have a special feature for that, and you can use a poseball server if the venue owner allows it.

If you want to use it yourself at different places you need a portable one, or hud attachment. For example TIS sells one.

For static use at own land there's the Intan system or

you also can use simple poseballs you rezz out at a place you own or allows rezzing. For example 3fx and humanoid

But there are many more, depending on your taste...style... mood....

Holly,

Your date did not "toss out pose balls" although it may have appeared that way.  He clicked on a dance machine at the ballroom that contains couples dances.  When clicked, this machine rezzes temporary pose balls, and then either dancer may select different dances from the machine's menu by clicking the machine again.  Most clubs have one or more of these!

There is no way that I know of to carry around your own couples dance machine, whether it's the kind that contains multiple dances or just a set of poseballs containing a single dance.  Well, you COULD carry them around, but you can't rez them except on land where you're permitted to do that...which means you won't be able to at most public venues.

You CAN carry around a device that will enable multiple people to dance various SINGLES dances in sync with one another.  The device is known as a "Chimera" or "chim" or a HUDDLES.  

For more on Second Life dancing, see my blog post, "Shall We Dance?"

And yes, couples dancing in SL can be a VERY emotional experience!

• Like 1

Lindall Kidd,

I just read your blog posting, "Shall We Dance?" ---> Excellent.

Wow, that was exactly what happened that evening and others evenings since. When your new to SL, you see experienced residents preforming actions so routinely, in this case rezzing temporary pose balls, that I had no idea what just happened. I just knew how special they are for creating a romantic environment.

I will follow your advice and go only to clubs that contain dance machines. Tonight I am going to click on tha dance machine and set up the dance for my partner.  Plus I really do not want an invisible red chim ball hanging from my butt....lol

For someone like myself who is not very computer savvy, SL can be very intimidating. Although SL has a steep learning curve I am still having a wonderful experience.

It's not only difficult to know what question to ask or even where the appropriate place to ask questions.

I am so glad you understood that I simply wanted to learn "how to dance".

Holly

PS - I have no ide what rez means, but it looked to me like my partner was magically tossing out pose balls out on the dance floor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.