What happens to the items my customers have purchased over the years if I were to delete my avatar?

VictoriaJuliette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

What happens to the items my customers have purchased over the years if I were to delete my avatar?
Not only do I have to prioritize my Real Life, but even though my skill as a designer has only continued to increase, my sales are ridiculously low and frankly, no longer worth the time and expense that I foolishly invested over the last 3+ years. My concern, however, is that my deleting my account might accidentally "screw" my customers, and I would hate that.
So, in a nutshell: if I delete my SL account, will the items that I have created and sold to other avatars disappear from their inventories? How does this work? Thanks, y'all.

3 answers to this question

Hi Victoria,

I'm sorry to hear SL isn't working for you, but you needn't worry about your customers. Anything they've puchased will be unaffected by your departure, unless those things contain scripts that depend on something external to SL that you also maintain. I doubt that's the case, so there should be no worries. Customers will, of course, be unable to ask you questions about the products they've purchased, but that's to be expected.

VIdi, vici, veni.

One of the things you could consider doing is GIVE AWAY your items for free, with full permissions, for a month or so before you close your store and leave SL.

This is a nice civic gesture on the part of a departing creator and insures that future SL residents will still be able to get the things you've put so much love into creating.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.