What is your favorite Mainland Spot?

Stryker Jenkins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Bay City!

Well, that's my favorite part of my favorite part. I love the Northwestern area of Sansara. Bay City Nova Albion, the suburbs, Gibson, Yamato, Lusk, the vehicle sims, Oak Grove, the Gulf of Lauren, Abbotts, Cowell and Kahrunvel. Yes, even the craziness of the Ahern Welcome Area in the middle of all that.

In no particular order:

Sansara Continent - The Old Mainland

1) Nova Albion - birthplace

2) Ahern - rezplace

3) Abbotts - awesome neighbors

4) Stinson, Rodeo & Noyo (Forest of Kahruvel) - my great grandfather's legacy

5) Seaside Village in Cowell - my home

6) Tethys - Innertubing memories

7) Snow Regions - come on... it's snow!

8) Magellan Linden’s Travels - Columbia Crash Site, Iris Hub on Heterocera Atoll, Squall region camp on Gaeta, Nautilus City

Eight Is Enough.

Very elegant Jessica! Which goes to show how nice it can be on Mainland.

I have several favorite spots -

1. Abbotts Aerodrome

2. Bay City - various spots esp my friends' places

3. Nova Albion - various spots again

4. My Diner in Hydrangea. I made it to hang out in. I got two chickens inside as pets. They're fun to click. Food replicator. I throw parties there: innocent dance parties for all ages allowed to step on mature land. Beside the diner is my personal sandbox for now.

5. TMA aka Nessus region. Tragically Misunderstood Artists is an art colony / Jewish neighborhood owned by Bluegrass Fiddler extraordinaire Beth Odets. The members of the group are a true community, hanging out, supporting eachother, making art.

6. I love long distant hoverboarding (that freebie mole one).  It's not unusual for me to travel from my place in northern Heterocera to TMA to Sansara. I've gone from Hydrangea to Abbotts or Bay City often.

7. Last but never least is Hawthorne where the Giant Snail Races are held most Sundays. Yes, right on Mainiland!  Lots of fun if you're racing or sitting in the stands watching (default view from the stands are the show's camera shots. It's like sitting back and watching TV)

I like the Linden dams of course:

o Sutherland

o Ganymede

o Barton

(are there any others? I don't think so).

Also like Linden bridges, i.e. the one going from Maryport.

Lately I have to say my favourite hangout are the icebergs on Ice Bay (Kara, next to Refugio).

Of course, all the Nautilus, Pyri, etc. Linden builds are great. Nautilus is just great to stroll through on a Sunday afternoon. Still like all the crystal gardens, etc. -- and that drill-bore sort of site in Nautilus that is one of the Magellan sites.

The one place I never get tired of is the Iris Moth Temple. I tend the infohub next to that built by Jessica Ornitz which is in the SL Public Land Preserve.

Really, all the Mainland places have a unique special feel to them. I haven't had as much time lately to see the newer ones out in the new continents (and to me "new" is anything that is newer than what I used to call "the new continent" which is Heteroetcetera or whatever it's called, which I always call "The Atoll Continent").

I've been staring mournfully at Salazar's abandoned land lately, the areas that lost the builds in some kind of tidal wave.

So many fabulous places have mentioned already in this thread. 

Here's another great place...the Chilbo Community sims.  This is an area that encompasses many sims, connected by sidewalks.   There is a Town Hall, shops, art exhibits, a Bowling Alley, book stores, and a real sense of community.  There are community sandboxes and helpful information for newbies.  The people are friendly and creative there and very welcoming.

All of you mention great spots. My terse reply 'Cowell' doesn't do the Mainland justice. The other day I followed the river eastwards from Cowell, through Noyo, Davenport, Bodega etc. on my boat and I discovered a whole new world there. The mainland looks dramatically different from the water and especially there, in Myrtle and surroundings, I found a pleasant diversity that was tied together by the waterways - something lacking around Linden roads where people often just build along the road with no real connection to it. Somehow water invites to connect more and build a dock, put out a boat or a water scooter, creating a very lively atmosphere. Maybe it's because I'm Dutch and water is everywhere in Holland, and maybe it's because I no longer live in Holland, but I love it.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course, all the Nautilus, Pyri, etc. Linden builds are great. Nautilus is just great to stroll through on a Sunday afternoon. Still like all the crystal gardens, etc. -- and that drill-bore sort of site in Nautilus that is one of the Magellan sites.

Nautilus really does have some hidden gems to it. And it's typically so quiet. It's a great place for a quiet stroll :)

• 2 weeks later...

I need to do more exploring. I want to not name one of my own builds (because I think most of us would find our own builds to be favorites), and so, in trying to find something; I'm coming up blank.

There was this great mezeoamerican style pyramid somewhere, but built into the side of two opposing hills with a river between them and a bridge crossing over the river (don't tell Blondin, because the bridge covers protected land). I forget where it was, but it was an amazingly well done build. Sadly for a small mall with obscure items. The build was amazing, the content for sale seemed mismatched.

There was another spot on the north east end of a continent somewhere, where I found the linden road turned into a rope bridge... that was really neat. But I don't recall where it was.

Luskwood is well built - though the textures are not the newer shaded things so many people like, it being a very old build.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.