I have L$ 42,000

Jauani Wu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 years in SL with an 1st of April Rez day.  :matte-motes-little-laugh:  I hope some people take you up on your offer of friendship, but what does your L$ balance have to do with making friends?

Is it a lot?  It's a lot more than L$10, but a lot less than L$1,000,000.  What are you going to do with it?  Buy land?  Buy everyone in a crowded SL strip club an hour with the gal of their dreams? Buy more textures?  Import meshes?  Stand at an infohub and give a bit to everyone who begs for money?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jauani Wu wrote:

Hi,

I have L$ 42,000.  Is that a lot? Does anyone want to be my friend?

It would buy a nice dinner and a movie.  May have enough left over for popcorn and a soda, too.

In SL terms, I have spent more tham that on shoes I don't even wear. On the other hand I am quite certian there are many people who have not spent that much money altogether after years in SL.

• Like 3

Are you sure you counted that right? Not only has the Linden dollar devalued considerably since you were last on (it was $4.00/1000 Lindens in its heyday; today it's less than $3.70/1000).

Also, cash gets lost crossing sim seams.

And here I thought you had died and I even made a museum devoted to your furniture:

Teleport to SL Legacy Bed & Breakfast

There probably isn't a soul except Ingrid who still has the Arne Egg Chair.

• 3 years later...
On 9/8/2015 at 11:26 PM, Jauani Wu said:

Hi,

I have L$ 42,000.  Is that a lot? Does anyone want to be my friend?

That is more than I have, can I show you my art gallery?

9 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

In Sl too long; nothing much interesting to buy. I'm into the three digits, I suppose I should stop buying my monthly budget of Linden Dollars. 🤦‍♀️

Honestly - what good is a hoard if you do not use it occasionally? I personally feel unhappy if ever dropping below a arbitrary amount I declared as my emergency reserve but that is just me being reluctant to upload money on a whim (I gladly spend out of my stash though) ;)

50 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Honestly - what good is a hoard if you do not use it occasionally? I personally feel unhappy if ever dropping below a arbitrary amount I declared as my emergency reserve but that is just me being reluctant to upload money on a whim (I gladly spend out of my stash though) ;)

Oh, I'm a big spender alright. I suppose what I'm saying is so many "new" shinies look way too familiar to me (I don't blame the creators, creativity is a hard thing; I get it). I went to one big shopping event just last week, something like 30 or 40 vendors, I bought ONE item from ONE vendor. So I got the fatpack. Sometimes I feel like that Brewster guy I saw in an old Netflix movie. (He had to spend 30 million in 30 days and never buy the same thing twice or multiples of anything LOL) So I often opt for fatpacks.

Edited by Alyona Su

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.