Firestorm crashes my internet connection. Anyone know why?

Ookamisuke Babenco

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Whenever I log into Phoenix Firestorm, it crashes my entire internet connection. I can still use Second Life as normal, but any web browsing anyone else on the network attempts (Including myself) does not work. A ping request returns "Server could not be found" when I try to ping, for example, Google. (PING WWW.GOOGLE.COM -T) Without paraentheses.

Any ideas?

Edit: The bandwidth isn't the problem. I have Firestorm limited to 500 kbps, and this even happens when I restrict it down to 200 kbps. Here's a step by step walk through of the problem, best as I have figured:

1) I log into Second Life.
2) Internet browsing across the network begins failing
3) Ping test shows "Server could not be found"
4) Reboot the router
5) Internet browsing returns to normal across the network; second life functional and working.

So as you can see, every time I log into Second Life it causes me a bit of a headache. I'll show you guys the event logs in a few moments, but for now have this update.

Edit 2:

WindowsWcpOtherFailure3 is the only error I have found. I'll do some research on this myself, but please if you can help me along, feel free.

2 answers to this question

So what you really say is not that SL crashes your internet, but that you don't have enough bandwith to use more applications the same time when you are on SL.

So you have to look what your internet specs are, is it up as the ISP sells you?

You can try lowering the bandwith use in the preferences of Firestorm. Lower some graphic settings the same time to keep the viewer run smoothly.

Alwin is probably right but if you are using windows you should look at the event logs and see if there are any error events. To view logs type Event Viewer in the search thingie. Look in the Windows Logs folder look at the Applaction and System logs for the time. Errors have a red exclam icon.

Another fun thing you can do is download NetBalancer from here https://netbalancer.com/download and see what is using up your bandwidth and even restrict it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.