You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Its not against the ToS to check if an avatar is online. And you do need even a HUD to do this. But what suprises me is, that neither she nor you thought about the easiest solution to the problem: Block/mute that unfriendly person, so your friend does not recieve any messages from him.

• Like 5

4 answers to this question

Its not against the ToS to check if an avatar is online. And you do need even a HUD to do this. But what suprises me is, that neither she nor you thought about the easiest solution to the problem: Block/mute that unfriendly person, so your friend does not recieve any messages from him.

• Like 5

You can check if someone is online with a script, they don't have to be on your friends list or a group and you don't even have to be logged in yourself. I have one that displays the list on a windows desktop app. Of course I am a nice person and don't use it to stalk people or any other bad things. Like any tool it can be misused.

ETA

There is an article about the legitimate usage here: http://blog.nalates.net/2012/02/27/sl-scripting-ug-news-week-9/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.