KateHershey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am not sure if this is the right category, but I will start here. 

My friend recently told me she is on somebody's "Avatar Online" Hud.  He is knows when she is online in SL.

This a matter of her wanted OFF this HUD. 

She says she doesn't know what to do or how to get off it. It seems like this device should be not allowed in SL, but she says SL does allow it. 

I said, well let me post this dilemma in the SL Community Help, because they always give good advice.

Do you have any ideas how she can get off this HUD or how to block it?

Thank you!

Kate

4 answers to this question

Its not against the ToS to check if an avatar is online. And you do need even a HUD to do this. But what suprises me is, that neither she nor you thought about the easiest solution to the problem: Block/mute that unfriendly person, so your friend does not recieve any messages from him.

• Like 5

You can check if someone is online with a script, they don't have to be on your friends list or a group and you don't even have to be logged in yourself. I have one that displays the list on a windows desktop app. Of course I am a nice person and don't use it to stalk people or any other bad things. Like any tool it can be misused.

ETA

There is an article about the legitimate usage here: http://blog.nalates.net/2012/02/27/sl-scripting-ug-news-week-9/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.