Merchant looking for customers

ChloeVida

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Also join groups like Womenstuff/Menstuff/Homestuff as appropriate. You can also participate in hunts. Just be careful that you don't jump on every hunt that comes along. I just shake my head when I land at a store when I'm on a hunt and see 20 signs for hunts that store owner is participating in. At that point, why should I purchase anything when so much is given away for free. You want to pick and choose hunts that are appropriate for your store. check out  https://slhunts.wordpress.com/

They list most of the hunts going on. I only participate in 3 or 4 hunts a year. Good Luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice looking ads, but here are you problems:

1. You're not gonna get much sales selling non-mesh feet shoes. EVERYONE has at least 1 pair of mesh feet nowadays. No one buys those shoes from mesh templates where you need to use RGB to match the ankle anymore. That's pre-2010

2. Your prices. 899 for one colour of a simple tube dress with flexiprims? Er no thanks, the moment I see that price I'm not gonna even click the demo link. Have a look at what competitors price it at. First of all rarely anyone wears flexi anymore, that's so 2007. Second of all no one is going to pay 899 for a dress. 100-200L is the appropriate price for a dress

3. The quality of your mesh can be improved. I'm not sure if you got them from mesh templates or not, so if you got them from kits then get better kits. If they're original mesh they you really need to increase your triangle count. Some of your dresses look way too jagged

4. Participate in hunts and sales events

CadenzaInVivace wrote:

2. Your prices. 899 for one colour of a simple tube dress with flexiprims? Er no thanks, the moment I see that price I'm not gonna even click the demo link. Have a look at what competitors price it at. First of all rarely anyone wears flexi anymore, that's so 2007. Second of all no one is going to pay 899 for a dress. 100-200L is the appropriate price for a dress

3. The quality of your mesh can be improved. I'm not sure if you got them from mesh templates or not, so if you got them from kits then get better kits. If they're original mesh they you really need to increase your triangle count. Some of your dresses look way too jagged

Flexi:  Plenty of ballroom type dresses still include flexi.  Mesh gowns generally look pretty crap in my opinion and so many creators seem to chuck them out with the base avatar model with flat feet.  The result being that when a shoe base is worn to raise the feet for suitable high heels, the hem of the dress is 6" above the ground, looks daft.

Mesh quality:  Careful, these are game models, not high resolution 3D render models.  The last thing SL needs is creators spanking the subsurf modifier half a dozen times to turn cubes into spheres.  I didn't see any particular issue when I glanced over the items on MP but I have seen some ridiculously insane models which look solid when in wireframe view, simply because the creator has spanked the subsurf to "make it smooth".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.