Maitreya body Laura shape 4 does not appear to others, only me. Please help

Courtnie97

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As the title says, I have had to deal with this annoying bug ever since I have bought it for around 3k lindens. Its a nice body but the problem is that there is one bug, that frustrates me to no end. I have to be told my avatar is jacked up because on my side, its perfectly fine. But to them im just a floating head and hands.

Now I can rule out that its not my graphics card, my computer, or things arent applied correctly. Because when this happens I have to relog to fix it.

What I want is to not constantly worry about it being broken and somehow fix it. Is there anything I can do on my end to make sure I dont have to worry about if I need to relog every time I go to a new place? 

Try detaching your body, then reattaching it to a different attachment point by right-clicking it in your inventory and choosing "Attach To -> Center." The Center point seems to work best for many people. 

By default, mesh attaches to your right hand. Most designers leave it there, rather than changing the attachment point before sale, so you end up with tons of things attached to your right hand. Most people don't notice, because the mesh doesn't APPEAR on your right hand - it appears where it belongs. Moving things around to lesser-used attachment points seems to help with the disappearing mesh problem. Center is, logically, a great point for a body!

(You can also move some other things around as well - try attaching your feet to right and left foot, respectively; you hands to right and left hand, your hair to skull, chin, nose...etc.)

A very annoying, perstistant issue for me, and not just for Maitreya. Sometimes, after TP, I look fine to myself, but am invisible to everyone else. When it does happen, I cannot remove the mesh body, it seems frozen in my viewer. Inablitly to remove it is the only symptom that I can see in my own viewer.

If I do relog, doing nothing, it always has fixed the problem, so far. If I try to take off the mesh body before I relog, then it is gone after the relog. 

A similar, and likely related issue, sometimes the HUD for the body gets frozen too. And will not detach without a relog. And is always fixed by a simple relog. And if I try to detach it before relog, it will be gone after the relog.

I am currently trying some different attachment points, I had been using avatar center for the body. But I do not know if using a different attachement point will help, I just switched yesteray, not enough experience yet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.