underwater spying?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

awildwhitegirlappeared wrote:

Has anyone noticed at every Social Island, under the water, there is a person sitting. All day, every day, 24/7. They are not at the corner of the sim, they are right where everyone hangs out. But the spots had no voice. Who are these people? Blank accounts, typical names. Are they lindens? Or creepy people. Eerie stuff

SecondLife is full of riddles ...

I often see the same person standing just outside my parcel, under water for some hours, and then disappears again. It makes me wonder too, what the purpose of this behavior is.

I also wonder, why a person wanted to rent a home at my place, to have twenty alts standing the whole day at the same spot ... It could not be because the person wanted to rise the traffic on my land.

One day, if we are lucky, we maybe will find out to solve all those mysteries here ... :smileyindifferent:

Bots, yeah and er... alts of Tiny Empires(and TE3K) players - especially if there are groups of them on land that doesn't need traffic.  If they're on your land, it's possible the main avi used to own the land and never bothered to move the alts homes.  You might also see them log in 20 or 30 alts 3 or 4 times/day.  These are to take advantage of in-game events (TE and TE3K events) like "trader" or "bureaucrat".  Mostly these are alts, not bots, because being a bot (and getting caught) would get you banned from playing the TE and TE3K games.

Vavrik Umarov wrote:

Bots, yeah and er... alts of Tiny Empires(and TE3K) players - especially if there are groups of them on land that doesn't need traffic.  If they're on your land, it's possible the main avi used to own the land and never bothered to move the alts homes.  You might also see them log in 20 or 30 alts 3 or 4 times/day.  These are to take advantage of in-game events (TE and TE3K events) like "trader" or "bureaucrat".  Mostly these are alts, not bots, because being a bot (and getting caught) would get you banned from playing the TE and TE3K games.

This explains a lot, Vavrik - Thank you. I will stop wondering about this behaviour now ....  :matte-motes-smile:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.