Omega applier for developers

Amethyst Damour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone

hope i'm posting this in the right section

i'm thinking about getting back into maing textured clothing for the line of mesh bodies,i have the maitreya,belleza and slink dev kits but i'm a little acuused about how the omega one works?

is there like a all in one dev kit that works with all the mesh bodies or do i need one for each different make of bodies ?

any help/advice would be great as ive worked out how to do all the other appliers except the omega one :/

Thanks

Amethyst 

I am just now catching up with appllers, since I have had so many customers request them for my system layer clothing or part of an outfit with a system layer on it..   I am still sorting it all out.. but so far the Omega applier covers quite a few,  but then with bodies like Maitreya the customer will not only need your Omega applier but will need to get an applier which relays the info from Omega to Maitreya for it to work..  TMP as far as I know only work with their own.  Slink now is supposed to work with Omega and as far as I know it does.  As for the lesser used mesh body brands, I have no idea  I have not gotten that far yet.  At this point for me it is kind of a trial and error experiment lol.......... but I don't think there is one applier that will cover all makes of bodies.. unfortunately!!!  Where Maitreya is concerned I make those even those Omega works if the relay hud is used.  But then the only mesh body I own is Maitreya lol so for me they are the easiest and most simple to make.  There is a load of info about Omega appliers on their website, but I found even with that it is still somewhat confusing as to just what they will or will not work with.

Sorry not much help I don't think.

The Omega appliers are actually quite simple. They list all compatible bodies & parts on their website,  detailing whether that body accepts tinting & materials, and what layers the omega will work with. for example some heads will only take skin appliers using omega, some bodies will only accept clothing layers from omega. The list of compatible bodies is getting longer week by week. 

Check out the list at http://lovenlustdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/p/supported-meshes.html there are a lot of brand names on that list and supplying omega appliers really does open up your customer base to a very wide range. Omega is fast becoming the One-Applier-Does-(almost)All. 

Right at the moment, the only major bodies that don't use the Omega appliers are the Slink female and the TMP. The female SLink should be updated to use Omega appliers very shortly. The male Slink body and hands are already Omega compatible. 

The scripting is simple for the Omega appliers. You just plug the UUID into the provided applier. The advanced ones can be put on a backing prim as a hud. The ones that have materials scripting require you leave them separate. Mounting them on a hud breaks the scripts, at least for now.

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

Right at the moment, the only major bodies that don't use the Omega appliers are the Slink female and the TMP. The female SLink should be updated to use Omega appliers very shortly. The male Slink body and hands are already Omega compatible. 

The scripting is simple for the Omega appliers. You just plug the UUID into the provided applier. The advanced ones can be put on a backing prim as a hud. The ones that have materials scripting require you leave them separate. Mounting them on a hud breaks the scripts, at least for now.

This is good news indeed!  However, has the need for the Omega relay hud changed any or do you still need one for certain brands such as Maitreya,  and will you need one for Slink and the others?  This is the confusing part..  I like to advise my customers of the need for such a relay hud and let them know where to find it if there is a need for it.

You'll still need the activator or relay hud, depending on which body you use. You can get a free vendor for the huds at the Omega store. It's probably a good idea to sent them to the store to get it for now as some of the newer ones are still reduced in price. They used to be betwee 1 and 3L if you were part of the group. However, the owner now has a phased program where they will be reduced price for a limited time if you are part of the Omega support group (free group). After that introductory time, the price will go up to a modest 99L.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.