female breast textures?

Nyx Drezelan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought a set of mesh breasts that didn't come with any skin/texture because I figured it would be easy enough to find a skin for them on the marketplace; however, I am having trouble finding any that are just a texture (the marketplace is just full of appliers).

Does anyone make or sell textures by themselves that I could apply to the mesh pair that I have? Where can I find them if people do? I rather like them, and would be great if I could find a skin/texture just for that body part as I am not able to make any on my own. Especially because I don't want fullbody mesh, just the chest.

Probably not so good for a beginner. 

Do research before you buy things. Those aren't really "wear around normally" breasts. That's not what they're made for. You'd have been worlds better off shelling out for one of the more expensive, more popular brands. The ones you bought are cheap, but they're probably not really what you were actually looking for, and cheap isn't always best. 

Personally, I would discard them and count it as a lesson learned, then save for a scripted pair that works with Lola Tango skin appliers. (Which are plentiful - Lolas are far from the only or even the best brand out there, now, and most big names are compatible with the many, many, many Lola appliers out there. 

An applier, by the way, works with scripts in the product you bought it for to sort of...paste the texture over the breasts without you having to do the work.

ETA: As you've noticed, very few skin creators sell or offer the textures. They make appliers for that. It helps protect them from product theft, I believe. 

Just about any skin texture you are able to get will need a lot of work to bring it up to the standards of a quality SL skin.  That's because the textures that are out there ate intended only for use as a base or guide for making your own skin.

Like others have said, those breasts are a bad choice unless you are a creator and can make a skin and script the breasts.  That is what they are intended for, not as an end user product.

As others have said, appliers are scripted items (usually a HUD) that send a texture to the body parts. The body parts must be scripted to pick up the texture and display it. Without those scripts, the appliers are sending the texture and there's nothing to receive it.

You could try adding Omega scripts to the breasts you have. They are designed to be a standardised 'receiver' for Omega appliers. Lots of skins and clothes have Omega appliers.

There are some problems I can imagine might come up, though. Often the appliers are designed for full body textures, not partial ones, so even if the textures are recieved, they might be displayed as a mess (this is mentioned in the dev kit description). Also, appliers assume multiple layers for clothing, and these boobs will only have a single layer unless you've edited two or more sets together. On the plus side, the scripts are inexpensive and you could probably find free appliers (if you can't find freebies, you can try with demo appliers). If you're the kind of person who enjoys tinkering, you'll probably learn something.

eta: I originally posted a link to the Omega Dev Kit, I've had to correct that to a general link to the Omega Script store and tweak the rest of my reply.

Omega scripts won't help. All the do is allow already scripted breasts to listen to the applier. Those still have to be scripted and are obviously not meant for a new user...They are the equivalent of the mesh templates you see on the MP that are blank. You have to texture them and if you want to be able to change the textures with a hud, you'lre going to have to script them. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.