I changed my name and then reset it by mistake, do I still have to wait a week?

HuskiesxD

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I know it was a silly thing to do, I wasn't thinking clearly and it was very late, I've joined a wonderful family, but just to make me feel that bit more complete, I wanted to change my name to there Surname.

After changing my name I saw a reset button and wasn't sure what it did, I thought at the very least it would give me some sort of "Are you sure dialog box", I'm not blaming anyone I know it's my falut.

But the issue is, that I have to wait a week and I don't even get a name out of it.

Please could some member of staff maybe reset my name count so I could do it again, I would so appreciate it.

1 answer to this question

Huskie,

Yeah you are going to have to wait that one week period. No LL Staff ever reads these posts in SL Answers. We are all volunteers here.

I totally understand that this was a mistaken press of the button but that is how the system works. The name change tracking system is completely automatic.

You could always try to plead your situation via the Submit a Support Case Help option. It can't hurt and maybe a LL Staff member will take pity on ya and reset the timer if that is even possible.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.