Group abilities

Muletta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I would like to have 2 kinds of members in my group:

1. Those who can set home and rez objects on my land.

2. Those who can set home, but can NOT rez objects on my land.

I took away the ability for rezzing objects in the everybody-role, but those members can still rez objects too.

The land is deeded to the group.

How can I make a role which does not allow members to rez their stuff on my land, please?

EDIT: Yes, I did Freya ... Only group-members can create objects in my "about land" .... But my problem is, that ALL group members are able to create objects, as you see :matte-motes-sour:

EDIT 2: Madelaine - I have 3 roles:

1. Everybody: Can set home, but not rez

2. Rez: Can set home AND rez

3. Homers: Can set home, but not rez.

...But alll can rez, unfortunately...

I tried to let a person ONLY have the No-rez everybody role: Result is she can still rez.

Then I tried to let the person have the No-rez everybody role PLUS the No-rez Homers role: Result is she can still rez.

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

Muletta,

Are you saying that you removed rezzing from "Everybody" yet everybody is still able to rez? It seems to me that you need two new roles - "Rezzer" and "Homer" for example. Rezzers would have rez, but not home abilities. Homers would have both. Everybody would have neither.

Is that effectively what you've done?

I didn't read your question carefully enough, so some of my explanation was a li'l backwards. From your additional description, it appears that "Homers" and "Everybody" are the same, and have the ability to set home, but not rez. I don't think the "Homer"s role is needed. Only "Rez"zers get the ability to rez, and it seems like group permissions aren't working correctly.

So, I think I've finally understood the problem. Unfortunately that leaves me without a solution for you!

Hi Madelaine - yes, I know the "Homer's" is not needed. I just made it today, to see if the member needs another role, besides the everybody-one.

I too think, the permissions are not working correctly, but I have to be sure before I contact Support about it.

Thanks for trying to help :)

Hi Maddy, just to tell you that Support has helped me - The solution was quite simple: I just had to set the about land with not checking either in 'object entry' or 'create objects'. - All the 4 fields have to be unchecked, then I force the land to use the group roles.

Thanks again for trying to help ... Everything works fine now, and the everyone's role cannot any longer rez on my land :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.