First time mesh :3

AlexIsFemmy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hii~ I've just recently started looking into mesh bodies and needed some help choosing one.  My avi is a femboi so I was just wondering if there was any mesh body that was better there?  Also just generally what is the better mesh body or is it all a matter of opinion?  I've checked out tmp and maitreya so far and they both look nice.  Price does happen to be an issue since I'm broke :/ but I am putting a little by little away hehe, but if there's one that's just as good and price efficient let me know.  Oh and clothing choices it seems like if I want shoes I have to get slink right?? It seems thats where it's at haha unless I'm wrong :/ which is possible because I'm new to this siiigh.  Thanks for your help though.

This link is give often and for very good reason.

http://meshbodyaddicts.com/

The most popular female bodies are from Belleza, Maitreya and Slink.  Get the demos, try them out, find the one you like best. I am not familiar with how they look at 0 breast slider but even small breasts look nice -- and lets face it, even a skinny flat chested man can do a lot with a little duck tape.    

I don't know how any of the male meshes would work as a femboi unless you were going for the Caitlyn Jenner look who was always athleticly built.

Personally, I like Maitreya's Lara best, but try them all first and then decide.

Thanks so much. I didn't even know about that site :3 most of the people I've talked to recommended Maitreya so I think that's where I'll start with the demos. Yeah Jenner is broader in the shoulders and has that build I'm leaning towards more of a waif build.  Oh and to add on to my first question, are the appliers specific to any mesh body? I'm still kind of reading about them so I was just curious.

None of the big three bodies do super small breasts well. Below about 30 on the slider they start to deform. Of course this only matters if your not dressed, but then there is little point in the mesh body. I don't know of a body that will really work better though. I personally don't recommend TMP to anyone. As for shoes the vast majority of shoes are fitted for Slink, but the number available for Belleza and Maitreya are growing and you really should not have any trouble finding something to fit. As for appliers, if you want to go that route then yes will need specific appliers for the body you choose. If you cost over of the main 3 bodies the fete is also an every growing collection of fitted mesh available.

Update...Slink will soon be Omega compatible. The recently released male body is already and as soon as Siddean can get the scripting done, the female will be as well.

As for the no mod, first see what's already there. They are often listed as no mod because of scripts in them. They may already come with the Omega scripting in them. The current bods are fitted mesh so will respond to the sliders for your shape. You can apply skins using the applier systems availble with the developer kit. If you're wanting digilegs, you can alpha out the lower legs of the mesh avi. I'm not sure why else you would need a mod body. The ones that are mod, all you can really do with them is add scripts, like the Omega.

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

Update...Slink will soon be Omega compatible.

Slink would have been Omega compatible the day Omega Appliers first came out if the body was moddable.

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

As for the no mod, first see what's already there. They are often listed as no mod because of scripts in them. 

If you mean the creators make them no-mod because they're scripted, that's silly. You can have a moddable object with no-mod scripts inside.

If you mean they may be selling a moddable body but listing it as no-mod because of the scripts, it's already assumed the scripts in a scripted object will be no-mod, if the object is moddable you list it as moddable.

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

The current bods are fitted mesh so will respond to the sliders for your shape. You can apply skins using the applier systems availble with the developer kit. If you're wanting digilegs, you can alpha out the lower legs of the mesh avi. I'm not sure why else you would need a mod body. The ones that are mod, all you can really do with them is add scripts, like the Omega.

I've already given you one. If a body is moddable you can add/remove scripts as you please, but that's hardly the whole story.

If a body is moddable, you can add materials even if the creator didn't include any. I had materials on my body a full year before any body makers supported them. Even now I'm not sure which, if any, bodies support appliers to add custom materials or if you can only use the materials they give you out of the box.

If a body is mod, you can apply textures manually, without an applier. This is ideal if you make your own skins, clothing, etcetera. Last I checked TMP, for example, only provided appliers to approved content creators. Other content creators sell the kit to create appliers for their body. I don't feel like paying someone for the privilege of paying them more for permission to do something I should be able to do out of the box.

Most bodies have some scripted alpha features to hide portions of the body for clothing and attachments, however these options are usually imperfect unless the clothing/attachments are designed around those specific alpha sections. With a moddable body, if I make my own skin I can also include my own alpha masking, which I have complete control over. This opens up far more clothing/attachment possibilities than even the most robust bodypart hiding HUD.

Here's an example of how I've modded a mesh body, I have an outfit with a pair of pants not made to work with my particular mesh body. However, I was able to apply a custom version of my skin with alpha masking to make it work with the pants. Now, the only time I'm going to wear this version of my body is with those pants, so I linked that copy of the body to the pants, making them one single attachment. So if I wear that copy of my body it replaces the other copy and it saves me an attachment point.

Here's another one. performance. When you buy a mesh body, you're not just wearing one single mesh model, you're wearing several copies of it, usually 3-4. The body and every single tattoo and clothing layer the body includes. Even if you're not using them! And if you're unfamiliar with how 3D rendering works, your videocard still has to work just as hard to render an invisible 3D model as it does to render one you can see.

You can reduce your draw weight drastically by unlinking and removing all of the layers you don't use. I apply clothing to a copy of my body and remove the layers to be worn only when wearing that clothing item, exactly as I would any attachment or system clothing layer.

But here's the kicker, making a mesh body no-mod serves no purpose. It provides absolutely no benefit to either the creator or the customer. The only thing it does is restrict the control the customer has over their own avatar's appearance while using it.

The same goes for mesh clothing and other cosmetic attachments. I'm wearing a pair of shoes designed for Slink feet even though I don't use Slink feet. Because the creator sold the shoes moddable it took me only 3-5 minutes to adjust them to fit another brand of mesh feet.

The new fitted mesh male body that Slink just released looks comprable to the TMP body, maybe a bit softer, & supports Omega appliers. Some skin creators make androgynous skins, so you may find some with Omega appliers that will work.

Could you add a small-busted female skin to a softer male shape?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.