How do I rezz an item?

favour77

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I just bought this nicely and modernised expensive looking 2 storey boutique,but when I wanted to drop on my land it says rezz in world please what do i do I really love this shop can someone please explain it in detail so I will follow the steps thank you so much

1 answer to this question

You rez any object by finding it in your inventory and then using your mouse to drag/drop it onto the ground wherever you wanted it. 

Rezzing a building is a little tricky, though, or it can be. 

First of all, be absolutely sure that it will fit on your land before you even buy the building.  Check the land dimensions and compare them to the footprint of the building.  If the building is too big, walk away and find another one. 

Then, before you rez the building, stand in the middle of your parcel, away from any of the property lines.  That will make it most likely that you rez the building entirely on your own land, not partly on your neighbor's.

Then still before you have rezzed anything, open your edit tool (CTRL + 3).  That important because it will guarantee that the building will aready be selected as you rez it.  It will make moving and rotating the building a lot easier.

Then rez the building and rotate and move it as necessary.

Review the guidance at https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Build-Tools/ta-p/700039 and https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Building-tips/ta-p/700041

Incidentally, some buildings come packaged in a rezzer that takes a lot of the guesswork out of moving and rotating the building once you have it on the ground.  If yours does, read the instructions carfefully before you rez anything.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.