Apple users unite!! ..against flash bug disabling multimedia streaming!!! Help us!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So only if you 'downgrade' your flash app on your lappy can you 'see' the wonderful TV movie streaming you've spent a fortune to purchase in Sl!! THEN of course you go back to use your lappy and the wretched news program you want to watch cries out for 'load up the latest flash app'!! I don't want to keep doing this! Do you? So shouldn't someone with 'clout' do something about this with 'flash' CEO or people? I elect LL to d this on it's users behalf..I am quite suprised that all those TV/multimedia content creators in Sl haven't gone around to the flash offices and burned them down in protest. Opinions pse! bRab

Flash belongs to Adobe, and it's dying. The first nail was driven into its coffin by Steve Jobs...

It has taken others a bit longer to pick up their sledgehammers...

The question becomes whether LL will figure out another way to do shared media.

Linden Lab are replacing the wonky old Webkit with Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) and there is supposed to be a project viewer appearaing Soon .

Word from Oz is that CEF won't support Flash or Quicktime at all and creators will need to update their media products to use HTML5.

I still have flash on my computer, but its an older copy, I'm not a lawyer and can't read the license so don't agree to it. When anything comes up that uses flash, I get a gray screen with a red circle with a slash through it in the middle of the window. It tells me that flash is blocked, but I can click and allow it to run if I like, something like – keep blocking or allow to run. Don't remember the last time I allowed it to run and I guess I should just uninstall flash all together.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.