Japan Disaster Relief in SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone.  With this terrible tragedy in Japan, my partner and I have decided we really want to do something in SLto help raise funds for relief efforts.  We are working on making some special items that we will be offering for sale.  These items will be in their own separate vendor, and we want to donate all the proceeds of sales on these items to the Japan relief efforts.

My question is this - is there a group (or groups) within SL that we can give whatever Lindens we make on these items?  Even better would be some way for our vendors to just pay the organization directly when someone purchases one of the special items, so they'll get the lindens right away.  Anyone know of any reputable organizations?  I've done some searching in world but haven't found anything like I mentioned above.  This has touched us both so deeply and we really want to do something to help.  Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong area for this question - it kind of fit in a few different sections, so I took a chance a posted it here.

Great idea, and surely a great way to promote one's store or sim and draw a little traffic and all that. But I have to say, I'm a little wary of resident-run fundraisers, simply because there is no way to tell where the money is going to end up.

That's nothing against you of course. I just hope that people will have enough sense to stick with the official channels and donate the money to LL, or directly to the Red Cross. *coughs* vultures *coughs*

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:<snipped>

But I have to say, I'm a little wary of resident-run fundraisers, simply because there is no way to tell where the money is going to end up.

That's nothing against you of course. I just hope that people will have enough sense to stick with the official channels and donate the money to LL, or directly to the Red Cross. 

I agree with you Ishtara (and Irene) best to stick with recognised official ways of donating - to be honest my biggest donation was in RL to British Red Cross but I have bought the whole range of bears here too. Maybe if LL could give people official collection boxes to put on their land/businesses - any donations to those would go straight to the LL relief fund? But I do think it's best to keep it all 'up front'. 

It's great to see people wanting to help though

Mags Indigo wrote:

......Maybe if LL could give people official collection boxes to put on their land/businesses - any donations to those would go straight to the LL relief fund? But I do think it's best to keep it all 'up front'. 

Something similar to a workaround should be this great idea of Winter Ventura: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/FREE-Relief-Bear-Posters-Provide-a-safe-way-for-your-visitors-to-donate-easily-to-Japan-Earthquake-The-Red-Cross/2052365

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

Great idea, and surely a great way to promote one's store or sim and draw a little traffic and all that. But I have to say, I'm a little wary of resident-run fundraisers, simply because there is no way to tell where the money is going to end up.

That's nothing against you of course. I just hope that people will have enough sense to stick with the official channels and donate the money to LL, or directly to the Red Cross. *coughs*
vultures
*coughs*

I understand there are less than honest people in the world, but that is why I was looking for an official channel for the donations to go through immediately.  I wasn't trying to do this to promote myself or my store, I really just wanted to find a way to do something to help.  Not everyone is out to scam and only promote themselves. 

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

Get a split proffit script and put in the vendor and then use Donation L:indens Avatar key as the proffit receiver and all money will go directly to the avatar. Set it for the percentage you like
:)
You can do the same thing with a donation box on your land or in store

Great, thank you so much, we'll give this a try as well. :)

Irene Muni wrote:

Mags Indigo wrote:

......Maybe if LL could give people official collection boxes to put on their land/businesses - any donations to those would go straight to the LL relief fund? But I do think it's best to keep it all 'up front'. 

Something similar to a workaround should be this great idea of Winter Ventura:

We'll be promoting this as well. Thanks for the great ideas everyone!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.