I have sold Ls and it has been more than 12 hours and it still does not appear in my balance?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all,
I have read the Billing Enquiries page and am not in any of those countries, so any help in this thread would be great and much appreciated.

Is there anywhere I can check that shows the status of the lindens being processed into my balance? It is the step before processing credit, so there is no option to submit a ticket.

I've sold lindens and usually it takes no more than an hour for the lindens to convert to USD and appear under my balance. It has been over 12 hours and I'm still not seeing it, and am starting to worry. Hopefully it is not lost! Looking forward to all your advice and thank you.

5 answers to this question

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers at any time 24/7:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

Hi Rolig,

Yes I did read that already, but I was hoping someone has experience or knows of this, or knows the answer to my question as well. :) if not then sure I will go ahead and call, but I am not in any of those countries yet so any help on this thread would be great and much appreciated.

That's really your best solution. There has not been a grid-wide problem, so it's seems specific to your account. Only the Billing Office will be able to resolve it. You could try submitting a support case, but that's a MUCH slower option than a phone call.

How did you sell them?  When I sell L$ as a Market Sell the sale is processed immediately.

If you did it as a Limit Sell (which your reference to it usually taking no more than an hour suggests may be your preferred method) then I wouldn't worry too much.    You can always cancel a Limit Sell, as I recall.

I stopped bothering with Limit Sells because I realised that if I wanted to sell my L$ reasonably promptly, then I had to offer them at a rate so close to the Market Sell rate that the amount I gained by waiting till the rate hit the rate I said I'd sell at never amounted to anything even approaching a single US$ on the whole transaction.

• Like 3

Innula is right about Limit Sells...except that I disagree with her about them not being worth the bother.

If you look at the Marketplace Data, you'll see a history of recent buy and sell ranges.  And if you look at the table of open orders at the bottom of the "Sell $L" page, you will see how many total orders are outstanding at each price level.  Orders are processed oldest first, so if there are many $Lmillions of outstanding orders, it will take a longer time to get around to filling yours.

Generally, your Limit Sell will only be effective if you choose the top one or two brackets...$L247 per $USD or $248 per $USD.  Offering less than this will result in your offer never being accepted.  

If you choose the more advantageous price...247...you may have to wait a week or more for the order to be filled.  Giving the customer a tiny discount, at 248, will generally get your sell order processed within hours.

You can see how much benefit the waiting will get you.  Just enter an amount, say $L50,000, in the "sell at market" box near the top of the page.  You will see the estimated proceeds.  Don't hit the confirmation button.  Next, do the same with the Limit Sell entry boxes...$L50,000, say, at $L248 per $USD.  Compare the estimated proceeds for the two deals.

If you have an open order that hasn't been filled fast enough to suit you, you can cancel it by going to the Linden Exchange section of your Dashboard and clicking Manage/LindeX Order History.  Then place a new order at a more favorable exchange rate.  (This is also the place where you can check to see if your order a) was placed, and b) was filled.  If it was, but you don't see the money in your $USD balance, contact Billing.)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.