What ADSL2+ modems work 100%?

Lilmix Pixelmaid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I think maybe my Asus DSL-11N router may be causeing trouple connecting to SL.

I know of one Netgear router that has known problems and I was hoping people were willing to let me know their router and if they have had any issues connecing to SL through it to help me decide weather to upgrade or not?

If you Use an Asus Modem, Have you had any issues?

Thankies :-D

Lilmix

7 answers to this question

Yes I have tried resetting it(lol a lot), About 1-2 weeks before the problem began I got a new modem and a static IP address, that is the only significant change that I can think of so I am thinking maybe something changed :-s

Also I thought a short list of 100% compatible modems couldn't hurt ;-)

I've never seen an issue come up on Second Life Answers relating to Asus routers, just Netgear (many times). If you have unplugged your router/modem for a minute or two then reconnected to reset the equipment and still have problems with any of the messages appearing at the top of this Wiki link, try flushing your DNS cache or perhaps contact your ISP for advice.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Troubleshooting_DNS_login_issues

Just switching your Cat 5 connection cable to another port at the back of the router may solve your problem. That worked I know for one OP on SLA when she had connection issues and simply unplugging and reconnecting didn't work. She switched the connection to another router port and voila..it was fine then.

If you want to replace, I've never come across any issues with Belkin Wireless G routers either.

• Like 1

Do you have another router you can test with or a friend you can borrow from, just to see if it makes a difference - The fact that sometimes you can stay connected for 12 hours and other times 2 mins is very strange, so before spending money on a new router I would make sure that is going to fix the problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.