I am a Business owner and SL will not help me

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone.

I was scammed the other night. The person has blocked me. I have tried contacting Linden Labs via emain, no response. Even called their support line but because I am only a large lant renter and do not own a tier ty refuse to help me.

If I did not have a partner and many friends in SL I would just quit after thiis horrible event.  This is terrible customer sevice!

-Kate.

you called the wrong person... billing is not for disputes like this.

You need to go to live chat for help or use the ticket system.

Remove the name from your post or your post will most likely be deleted. It's not allowed to use other avatars names on the forums.

You still didn't say what the issue is, people here can't give you any advice when we have to guess what happened. Just calling Scam and fraud are not helping to get it clear.

If you want help, you should expand a bit on "scammed". No one here has any idea what you're talking about, but someone here might be able to offer insight, if you would actually explain it a bit.

LL rarely responds to anything on these forums, so you're not likely to get a response from them here.

Also, remove the name from your posts, or your posts will be removed. We're not allowed to "name and shame" here, even if they deserve it. If you want advice or information, you're going to want your post to not be removed.

We can't help you if you don't want help, though.

It sounds like you called Concierge service.  You are not allowed this service unless you own a certain amount of land in SL.  However there is another number you can call.

Here's what to do:

1. Go to the Second LIfe Help page and log in if you can. If you can't access your account, use the Forgot your login information? link on the right to recover your username and reset your password. Then log in.
  2. On the Second LIfe Help page page, click the Contact Support link on the right.
  3. On the next page, click Submit a a Support Case form.
  4. Under What type of problem are you having?, select Account Issue. A second dropdown appears.
  5. Under Account Issue, select I believe my account has been compromised.
  6. Fill in the rest of the fields as directed.
  7. Click Submit.
  8. Check your email for your case number.
  9. Call our fraud number: 800-860-6990 .

Once you do this, Linden Lab will place your account on hold and investigate the relevant transactions. This may take a few days. Once they have concluded the investigation, they'll send you an email explaining their conclusion and the action they will take. Note that all transactions involving Linden dollars are subject to Linden Lab's Terms of Service.

If you act quickly , like NOW, they may be able to retrieve your money if whoever took it hasn't cashed it out yet. There are no guarantees though as under the TOS you are responsible for keeping your account secure.

Tip: Even if you are able to log into your account, change your password immediately to something secure and unique. Changing your password regularly is one good way to protect the safety of your account.

I did not ask a clear question.

I have been berated about this but as a first time posted I was seeking help.

So I have been told I did not call the correct number. However the correct number was not provided.

Chat Support. Again, simply tell me how please.

As for my theft claime. Two people had a written agreement (which should hold up in court) about a transaction. I payed my half and the other person logged. Therefore a breach of agreement. Am I wrong?

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

It sounds like you called Concierge service.  You are not allowed this service unless you own a certain amount of land in SL.  However there is another number you can call.

Here's what to do:

1. Go to the Second LIfe Help page and log in if you can. If you can't access your account, use the Forgot your login information? link on the right to recover your username and reset your password. Then log in.
  2. On the Second LIfe Help page page, click the Contact Support link on the right.
  4. Under What type of problem are you having?, select Account Issue. A second dropdown appears.
  7. Click Submit.

Once you do this, Linden Lab will place your account on hold and investigate the relevant transactions. This may take a few days. Once they have concluded the investigation, they'll send you an email explaining their conclusion and the action they will take. Note that all transactions involving Linden dollars are subject to Linden Lab's Terms of Service.

If you act quickly , like NOW, they may be able to retrieve your money if whoever took it hasn't cashed it out yet. There are no guarantees though as under the TOS you are responsible for keeping your account secure.

Tip: Even if you are able to log into your account, change your password immediately to something secure and unique. Changing your password regularly is one good way to protect the safety of your account.

The OP did not say that their account was compromised.   They said they were SCAMMED.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Here's what to do:

7. Click Submit.

The OP
did not say that their account was compromised.
  They said they were SCAMMED.

No but she did say she had things stolen from her, which can only happen if her account was compromised which can happen as a result of a scam, such as phishing.

Katelyn Dominquez wrote:

As for my theft claime. Two people had a written agreement (which should hold up in court) about a transaction. I payed my half and the other person logged. Therefore a breach of agreement. Am I wrong?

If you have a written agreement with the other person as a real world named entity and hopefully notarised, then sure, take it to court.  It's nothing to do with LL and none of us can help you.

That was easy!

(Also, it's "paid" when dealing with monies paid out.  Payed is when you let out a rope.  Handy English Tip #592)

Only in a world, where people are careful of trusting strangers...which, from experiance here in the forum, isn't the case in Second Life. Just think about the people who randomly click "agree" on everything and then wonder why an object suddenly takes all their cash.

Katelyn Dominquez wrote:

Let me try an figure this out..

Lets call you person A, the others wiill be B and C.

Persons A and B have a written agreement (just guessing here, but a notecard not a real paper signed document?) to pay person C for services rendered. Person A pays their share and person B logs off and is never seen again. Why not have person C refund the money as there is a breach of "agreement" with person B?

Katelyn Dominquez wrote:

As someone above pointed out, if you have what you consider to be a legally binding agreement, then call an attorney to get the ball rolling. LL are not in the business of arbitrating pathetic quibbles.

Now you just need an ESL attorney prepared to accept food stamps as payment.

HughJegow wrote:

Kelli May wrote:

HughJegow wrote:

An internet agreement is not worth the paper it is not written on. Take the ToS for example . . .

Sam Goldwyn couldn't have put it better (and technically, he didn't).

Bring on the empty avatars!

Would that be The Charge of the Trite Brigade?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.