Having a friend edit attachments and avatar?

Tsallik

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a friend that would like to edit the textures of an avatar I bought in the store that includes some attachments. I was wondering how I could get them to him so that he can change the textures? He has the programs in order to accomplish this and the attachments can be modified, however I'm unsure if I can attach the texture myself due to it being labled "multiple textures". In this case, how would I go about in getting the objects to him? Would I have to pull them from my computer some place? Or will he have to get Second Life viewer in order to even get to the avatar and attachments? I've poked through the Second Life files and searched the database for answers to no avail, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 answer to this question

most likely the items you want to have modified are not transferable.

Nothing you have in SL is on your own pc, only a database is stored there for use, the actual assets are on SL servers.

Only full perm items you created yourself can be stored on you local drive.

So you friend can't change it unless you give your total account in his hands....and you know..... that's not a very wise thing to do... if you give your password voluntarely you in fact give another the chance to rob everything you have. And might loose your account.

If something happens LL won't be very flexible to help.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.