does anyone know a good asia shoutcast sever .i dont see one . all i see is america and european

ripperROFL123

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Ripper,

I have used European, American and Australian stream Relay Services all successfully.

The symptom you describe [ and it always chops my music because of how far away the sever is from where i am ] has nothing to do with where you are in the world. It has everything to do with the reliability of both your download and more importantly your upload speed as offered by your Internet Service Provider. [This also assumes that the Relay Service Servers are hosted at a High Quality Hosting Company Data Center with an Internet Data link to TCP/IP Edge Services and not in someone's garage]

Basically, you can successfully DJ streaming a nice encoded MP3 stream of 128kbps and run a single SL Session if you have a 0.5mbs or better upload speed on a DSL or better technology service. In reality a 1.0mbps upload speed or better is best. If you use any kind of satellite based Internet Service then you have other issues to deal with. 

The whole purpose of a Relay Service is "to buffer" and to re-stream your music to individual listeners anywhere in the world at the speed that they can receive it.

When your music sounds "Choppy" to your listeners, then you and your ISP are the issue. Not your Relay Service. Your stream is being delayed by either

1) your ISP's inability to send/maintain the stream at it's transmission rate from your PC. This is caused by latency. Check with your ISP to see what your guaranteed upload speed it. Test it several times to see if it is consistent.

2) Your PC being underpowered processor-wise or memory-wise. This will show up as your PC running at 100% constantly as you attempt to DJ and run a single SL Session.

When your music sounds "Choppy" to you, when you attempt to "Monitor" your stream from the relay service, this speaks to your download speed being too slow to maintain an SL session and a Sound Feed at the same time.

Also and this is very important, Always DJ when using a "Wired" connection to your ISP's Modem.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.