My marketplace isn't working... ?

KyooPid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Today when I went onto my marketplace, no images were showing, only blue text where the images should be.

I tried clearing my browsing data and now it is even worse, instead of the normal marketplace layout, it just shows blue links down the left hand side of the page... 

Info:

I use chrome but have tried on explorer with the same result

It is happening on my ipad too

Happened on my phone

When I switched to 4G on my phone it started working properly

This has never happened before

I tried resetting my internet with no avail

I haven't done anything to change my network settings

Someone please help, this is so frustrating! >.<

6 answers to this question

//UPDATED 2015.08.25

I've been reviewing the changes to Marketplaces TLS implementation in case this might affect you. Given the lack of technical details in your post it's not possible to be sure (or to even assume that this would be broken for you), but you could test this yourself by adjusting the TLS/SSL set-up in your browser of choice. If some settings work but others don't, then you probably have your answer. It's possible that you changed these settings, or some services that you ran changed them for you.

Note that this is specifically related to the POODLE issue from earlier this year - you don't need to follow its guidance to the letter, it's just a good list of how to make these adjustments per browser. Remember that these protocols are still insecure during your testing.

Here's the link: SSL.com - How to turn off SSL3.0 and TLS1.0

--------------

Check you've disabled any content management software running on your local network. This can include any and all of the following:-

1. Parental controls
  2. Firewalls
  3. Ad Blockers
  4. Browser plug-ins / extensions
  5. Hostsfile customisations / Advertising redirects

You'll probably find them on your PC, although some home routers come pre-configured with this kinda thing (and as Alwin says, sometimes ISPs limit the viewable content on your connection, too). You may need to enlist the help of a technically-minded friend if you're not adequately familiar with your network and the services that run on top of it.

List of things to check is in the order:-

1. Your browser
  2. Your device <- Your issue could be here, if you have points of commonality between devices (e.g. Shared Chrome profile)
  3. Your Link/Router <- Your issue is likely to be here
  4. Your ISP <- Or it might be here
  5. Finally... the rest of the world

To resolve the issue, determine which service is causing this on your network by testing each one at a time. Create an exception as necessary (e.g. for *.secondlife.com) , if you intend to keep using the content management software in future. Once the exception is properly configured reloading the page should return everything to normal.

Other people will likely have suggestions too, just figured I should give a long-form response rather than leave you feeling like I'm always snippy. :)

• Like 2

Hi, I also have issues with Market place and know one other person as well same issue. The inworld browser comes up but with search issues and get an error message, also can not purchase anything. On IE Market Place doesn't even load just keeps searching for it. I was in MP yesturday both IE and inworld browser no issues. None of my settings are changed since last night when I signed off and MP is the only site that doesn't load on IE. Have called my IP and no updates have been made recently. So it's nothing to do with checking settings when in less then 24 signing off and 1st place to go on IE and don't work. Also had no MS updates either since last night.

I have been having the same issue since last night. This morning, when I attempted, I got this message....Some residents may have difficulty finalizing their purchases using the Inworld web browser. If you are having problems, please try an up to date external browser. See the status blog for more info.

The blog essentially says for IE, you must be on Windows 7 (I am) and a verision of IE above 7.0 (I am), and for Firefox 28 or later (I am) and for Chrome 22 or later (I am).

The blog refers to this issue as RESOLVED ......however, although I meet all of the browser and operating system requirements they have listed for a fix .......I still cannot access my shopping cart and check out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.