I updated my display driver and now it is not letting me into sl

Sam16 Clarity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just updated my display driver (Radeon 4650).  Now Firestorm will not let me onto Second life.  The message reads

Firestorm is unable to run because your video card drivers did not install properly, are out of date, or are for unsupported hardware. Please make sure you have the latest video card drivers and even if you do have the lastes, try reinstalling them.  I have tried three times I dont know what else to do.  

1 answer to this question

Alright Sam,

You have not given us additional information that can help us help you. Therefore, If Firestorm refuses to recognize your Graphics Card after a driver upgrade, then you should rollback your driver to a previous working version. 

Next, your Graphics Card is in the very bottom of the acceptable range to run SecondLife.

Capture-4650.PNG

While this card will allow you to use SL, you should not expect any better than the lowest Graphics rendering functions to work.

Did you do anything else to exacerbate this current issue? OS Upgrade maybe? Please give us additional details about your PC.

Please update your question with the requested information as follows:  Select the Options drop-down menu to the right of your question and select Edit Question.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.