Phantom Objects

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I hope someone here can help me. Is there an easy way to make a phantom object into a non-phantom object? I know this question is probably silly, but I am new to building things and I am trying to make a flight of stairs so that I can walk up them without falling through them. :smileyhappy:

I would appreciate any advice, thank you!

and if that doesn't work....remeber that:

attachments are always phantom,
Flexible prims will behave as if they are phantom no matter what,
sculpted prims will only colide based on a stretched sphere shape that they are built from,
non-physical prims spinning because of an llTargetOmega script will only collide based on their original position,
prims scripted with llVolumeDetect will require a script to turn that effect off
prims scripted with the "phantom child" script will need to have that script removed, and be re-rezzed.

While both of the other replies are perfect valid, I suspect you are trying to make your staircase using one of the many freely available sculpted staircases. In this case simply turning off phantom is probably not going to give you what you want because you will now look like you are walking in the air above your stairs.

The common way to do sculpted stairs is to create a non-phantom transparent prim ramp that sits inside the phantom sculpted stairs. To make a transparent prim ramp, rez a cube and shape it to the width and length you need to match your staircase and adjust it so that it sits inside your stairs but you still see it. Finally change the texture on the ramp to transparent (change the texture, don't use the slider). From the texture chooser type "transparent" into the search box, there's a fully transparent texture in the library that works great.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.