Beta test grid?

LillyEure

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've never used the beta grid before and I have some mesh models that i would like to test upload. Everything I've read tells me to go to the Aditi grid but im not seeing it on my list of grids. Ive tryed going to the grid named Second Life Beta but im not allowed access any further than the landing point. Any suggestions?

17 answers to this question

"Second Life Beta" is the beta test grid (Aditi).  It's Linden Lab's test grid, and they let us work there, subject to availability.  You'll find several mesh sandboxes there if you use Search to look for them.  If you have taken the required mesh quiz -- you have to do it all over again for Aditi -- then you should be able to upload and play with your mesh in any of them. 

• Like 1

When i go to Second life Beta Grid it  has been taking everyone to a Safe area for about a month at secondlife://util.aditi.lindenlab.com/secondlife/Ungren/103/149/76. I don't seem to be able to get away from it by any TP  and cannot find land that iam able to teleport to can you provide a SURL please?

Once in get some region names and save them for those buggy days.

Ahern, Morris, Animesh, Animesh1, Animesh2, Animesh3, Animesh4...

There are interesting places in Aditi that are not in Agni. Some experimental regions with experimental stuff are left until the Lindens need the regions for something else. So, scroll around the World Map. You sometimes find fun stuff.

PS: Aditi SLURLs exist. You can recognize them because they have "aditi" in the SLURL. Example: secondlife://Aditi/secondlife/Morris/202/199/34

Also, there are some Agni landmarks that will prevent you from logging into Aditi. You get part way in. The area renders but you cannot move, chat, or TP. If that happens you'll find out you can delete LM's while semi-logged-in. Your Agni LM's are useless in Aditi, so no fear to delete LM's.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
PS
  • Like 2

On 8/23/2015 at 12:33 PM, Rolig Loon said:

"Second Life Beta" is the beta test grid (Aditi).  It's Linden Lab's test grid, and they let us work there, subject to availability.  You'll find several mesh sandboxes there if you use Search to look for them.  If you have taken the required mesh quiz -- you have to do it all over again for Aditi -- then you should be able to upload and play with your mesh in any of them. 

The mesh upload test disappeared awhile ago. All you have to do is "agree" to be a good little uploader.

I took my dusty alt over to the beta grid just now. She doesn't actually WANT to have access to the beta grid but I did that as a test for someone a few weeks ago. She typed in MESH SANDBOX in the map search and got over there no problem. Then she tried to upload one of my models and got the "you do not have rights click here" dialog which happily NOW actually goes to where you need it to go to (clapping here as that hasn't always been the case). 

From there she uploaded a model just fine. She is a cloud of course but since she isn't planning on working there it matters not.

THE PROBLEM seems to be with newer accounts. Old avatars have no issues. This all in another thread awhile back. So the general idea then was to put in a support ticket to actually get access.  I am not sure about the "safe" area as I have never heard of that before, but since she had never left the first landing area until just now, it is not in affect for old avatars. 

image.thumb.png.7a9de5bcfacafee3748f1d8748191b62.png

Edited by Chic Aeon

There are inventory update issues. Not everyone has them. But, those new to Aditi seem to have to get started off with a support ticket. Most I hear from can't even log into Aditi. That other first timers can and then have no inventory makes sense. But, I don't see how they got logged in.

There is also a bug that seems to bite harder on Aditi,  BUG-41281. The workaround is included. It is about logging in and being stuck. You can't move, TP, chat...

33 minutes ago, VirtualKitten said:

When i search for anything nothing exists as it puts me in a safe place with many other people who are trying to visit beta grid . Its like being trapped in a case :)

the beta grid is just a partial copy of the main grid, most places aren't there.

I just now went to the beta grid, Kitten.  I did have to re-accept the Terms of Service first.  I logged in at "Last Location", but was routed to an Adult infohub.  From there, I used the Map to find other places.  Many regions were offline or "unavailable", but I was able to find about a half dozen sandboxes that I could TP to, as well as Morris and some other regions.  Tip:  Use the Map's Search function, rather than just scrolling across empty ocean.  Enter "sandbox" as a search term.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.