Is there going to be some sort of a centralization in Sansar?

lucagrabacr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, I've been reading bits about project Sansar for quite some time now, but still can't have a clear picture of what it's going to be. I heard the term "Wordpress of virtual world" a lot, which made me assume that Sansar is going to be some kind of a virtual world platform that people or companies can buy or subscribe to, to make their own VW, which are fully separated from each other with little to no sense of continuity between them. Is this the case?

Or is there going to be a sense of centralization or pseudo-centralization at least, where users accross different VW can cross from one to another seamlessly? (if there's not, is it possible that maybe there will be third party services that does this for those people and companies who want to use such centralization service?)

I was about to cast some surveys in my website and inworld surrounding Sansar, and how the current SL userbase feel about it, how they see it, and what they look forward to or wish to exist in the platform, but I need a clearer picture first of how it's going to be like. So yeah, thanks in advance for those who are willing to answer my questions :)

Ebbe seems to think we will link our experiences together in such a way that a mainland will form organically.

I really don't know any more than most which is just the vaguest hint of it's existence.  I do know i is not going to be SL and you can't approach this with any assumptions based on how SL is formed. 

Second Life is a static grid where every sim takes a single and full spot of that grid. You can't even assume Sansar will be a grid.  Walking off of one side of a shared experience could have you walk in on to the other side just like walking around a globe.

The only central hub at the start will be the mega-mall of the content creators.  We are expected to  form central areas in each of our communities.  I hope to see The Forum form the central hub of the D/s communities which spread out from there, femdoms on one side, Gor on the other.  Similar communities should also form up together, like medieval fantasy with a central bazaar, and all sorts of lands attached to that both magical and mundane.

Anyway, this is what I inferred from the things Ebbe has said.  I could be way off. 

My thoughts: LL would not want a third-party to provide a centralized index of it's virtual experiences. That would make LL a web-host and the third-party would be Facebook or Google. Forget the metaphors, Facebook and Google would definitely want to be the central hub serving up virtual experiences. Facebook owns the Oculus Rift and Google has Cardboard but will certainly be the search engine to find VR experiences.

LL needs to have Sansar centralization ready when they open to the public. I don't know if it will be a Sansar search website, a global map like SL, or some weird VR interface that we haven't seen yet. LL also needs to control it but not like the way they control the SL classifieds or the SL marketplace. Those are terrible. On second thought, maybe Google providing a searchable list of Sansar experiences isn't a bad idea.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.