Has anyone actually ever had Linden Labs act on a TOS violation?

tuka Katana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, the ultimate question.  I'm curious whether anyone's ever had a successful interaction through reports to get someone to STOP endangering their RL safely?  Can you give me any pointers of what worked?  I would have thought that 1) blackmailing then 2) actually PASSING OUT MY RL NAME would have been enough but apparently not.  Any suggestions welcome.

yes, seen it multiple times, but only for real bad violations.

Your 2nd isn't very likely seen as violation, you most likely gave your identity yourself. I never heared telling your rl name is a violation of TOS, but perhaps i'm wrong.

[edit] there's nothing as interaction after sending in a abuse report, LL will never talk to you about it again.

Linden Lab is under no obligation to stop people from being stupid or from giving out their RL information. The TOS says that it is a violation to give out other people's RL information without their explicit consent. If you, I or anyone wants to share our RL information that is our right to do so.

My understanding is that the TOS would only apply to activity occuring within SL. Once someone has information and takes it ouside of SL, that's a different story...

I would be very cautious and think long and hard before deciding to give anyone in SL my real name or contact info. 

Persephone Emerald wrote:

Linden Lab is under no obligation to stop people from being stupid or from giving out their RL information. The TOS says that it is a violation to give out other people's RL information without their explicit consent. If you, I or anyone wants to share our RL information that is our right to do so.

Just to be accurate about this:

"Sharing personal information about your fellow Residents without their consent -- including gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual preference, alternate account names, and real-world location beyond what is provided by them in their Resident profile -- is not allowed."

(If it's in their profile I can share without needing their consent).

https://secondlife.com/corporate/cs.php

Perrie Juran wrote:

Persephone Emerald wrote:

Just to be accurate about this:

"Sharing personal information about your fellow Residents without their consent -- including gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual preference, alternate account names, and real-world location beyond what is provided by them in their Resident profile -- is not allowed."

(If it's in their profile I can share without needing their consent).

agree

Several times over the years.  Once when a random person rezzed a large structure on sale land adjacdent to my place, that had been left open-build and the structure overlapped my land and stuck into my home.

I've also AR'd griefers in sandboxes a few times, and a Linden has been along to deal with the problem promptly - although whether they responded to my AR or someone else's I've no idea.

Once I AR'd someone for having an extremely shocking and gruesome photo as their main profile picture and shortly afterwards that person seemed to disappear from SL- hopefully a permanent ban.

Generally only the professional reporters like the green lantern or JLU groups who will happily spend their entire evening organizing and reporting en masse, basically spamming LL into action.

Come to think of it, I wonder if this abusive behavior is the whole reason that reports from more regular people are generally ignored.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.