Stalker in Second Life

Cesartje

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a stalker for more than an year now - how can I get rid of him? Can I report for harrassment? what should I do, I need help.

So far I ignore him, but he keeps sending messages saying he is reporting me to LL - making similar profiles as mine. Any suggestions?

thanks

mute/block and derender, if he does more than just stalk you can try a abuse report, but for real actions on that it has to be against TOS. Disputes between residents won't get any action from LL.

don't go to places he also goes, SL is large enough to find other great places to hang out

As far as I know is that problem more complicated because that stalker followed him to FB too and is kind of blackmailing and accusing him for things he never had done. But more Ces should tell ya. It is not a inworld stalker that as avatar follows him on sims. This is more an activity behind Ces back to harm him.

Frankly, I wish there was a way to get rid of them.  I suspect you're on your own and Linden Labs doesn't appear to care.  I've had someone passing out my RL name to anyone she can, possbily rapists and murderers, and they've done NOTHING despite several reports by several people.   I wish you the best of luck, and am sorry this has happened.  If possible, you may want to involve law enforcement as Linden Labs, though they have several options (including IP bans etc) will apparently do NOTHING to help!

This is an answer that applies to anyone...If you are concerned about RL safety, take your concerns to RL authorities. They, and only they, can actually do something about it. If it is not serious enough to take to RL authorities, you may be overly concerned about trivial matters (note, I said *may*).

If you choose to make a report, or even multiple, for Sl violations, LL does not have any obligation(and will not take the initiative to) discuss any action they choose to, or choose not to, take against those violators with you. Use the tools you have available to you within SL to stop what you can. That includes banning, muting, ignoring, and stoping interactions with others who may be offending you in some manner(including shared associates, if necessary), and discontinuing going to places where you may find these issues to exist more frequently.  You can contact sim owners too, but they, like LL, have no obligation to do anything at all against any potential offenders.

For FB, you have similar tools available there, so use them.

You have more power than you likely believe, and you should use it. Giving in to people who "stalk"(and I use that term very loosely, sometimes) by giving them attention is precisely what they want. For some, maybe most, it's purely a game, and giving into that shows them that they won the game. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.